2016 CFB Discussion: Hail Mary!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dirtsheets are predicting Michigan to jump Ohio State in today's AP poll. I guess beating Wisconsin on the road at night by 7 isn't as good as beating Wisconsin at home by 7. o_O

Fuck Ohio!

I do love those posters do.

I miss being in Madison for a rousing chorus of "O How I Hate Ohio State" sung to the tune of "When the Saints Come Marching In".

Clearly Nigel Hayes isn't taking math or economics at Wisconsin because $160,000 multiplied by the number of athletes on scholarship in the B1G is less than the total revenue -- never mind less expenses.

The $160,000 figure is what his 4 year scholarship at Wisconsin would cost if he had to pay for it but it doesn't cost the University that much. I suppose you could say it does because they could get that money from another student.

That money is what the BIG took in from television contracts and outside merchandise sales. The schools also earn money from ticket sales, sponsorship deals, local television shows and program boosters.

I'm sure he wasn't suggesting paying athletes $160,000. Maybe $200/week.

I'm not one to complain about SEC bias but the fact Ole Miss is 3-3 and still ranked in the top-25 is laughable.

Their wins are Georgia, Memphis, and Wofford lmao.

I like how we've gone from #23 to #15 just over beating Vanderbilt and Missouri.

OU is now #16 and has beaten only one team with a winning record.

Purdue fired their HC.

Miles to Purdue.

How safe is Texas Tech's HC? He hasn't really done a great job there.

The $160,000 figure is what his 4 year scholarship at Wisconsin would cost if he had to pay for it but it doesn't cost the University that much. I suppose you could say it does because they could get that money from another student.

That money is what the BIG took in from television contracts and outside merchandise sales. The schools also earn money from ticket sales, sponsorship deals, local television shows and program boosters.

I'm sure he wasn't suggesting paying athletes $160,000. Maybe $200/week.
They actually make $140/wk when you factor in Pell Grants. Half of Alabama players are on a Pell grant. Cumulatively the players make $550,000/yr IIRC.

If you look at the net revenue from sports, it isn't that much. I'll only comment about the university of Michigan because I know something about their numbers.

- out of state tuition is $42,000. Books, food, residence adds up to $55,000/yr
- all of those other sports (remember title IX?) cost money and bring in no revenue.
- The net revenue from UMich football after expenses is something like $50m but virtually all of that money goes to pay for other sports.

The main reason sports are a money maker IMHO is that it keeps alumni engaged and propels endowments. Michigan makes less than $10m from sports a year but when Stephen Ross, Alfred Taubman or the Wilpons write a check, it's for $200m a shot.

The dirtsheets are predicting Michigan to jump Ohio State in today's AP poll. I guess beating Wisconsin on the road at night by 7 isn't as good as beating Wisconsin at home by 7. o_O

Wisconsin will be punished for losing in OT to the #2 team in the country, which is ridiculous. Will drop further than UT did when UT lost to TAMU.

Wisconsin is a legit team and I hope Nebraska only loses once because I would much prefer to play Nebraska than to play Wisconsin again.

Urban Meyer is the god damn greatest. Ohio State didn't play that well in the first half against Wisconsin, but don't get it twisted folks Wisconsin is very, very good. Easily the best team Ohio State has played this year. JT hasn't really performed well in the last two weeks, but I will say his leadership was definitely on display in the second half. The defense made good adjustments for the second half and played better.

This picture gives me life

Screen-Shot-2016-10-16-at-3.50.04-PM.jpg

electric speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back