2018-19 MLB Offseason discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 years with no opt outs and a full no trade? LMAO

Trout has a higher WAR than Harper and Machado combined. I can't imagine what kind of money he is gonna be asking for. He's gonna hit $400M for sure.

I don't understand the hate. Even in his worst year he still hits homers and draws a ton of walks. I guess some people are jealous of this deal. Arenado and Machado earn more per year and I don't recall seeing the negativity

I don't understand the hate. Even in his worst year he still hits homers and draws a ton of walks. I guess some people are jealous of this deal. Arenado and Machado earn more per year and I don't recall seeing the negativity

We'll be the ones laughing in October buddy

If you're a true Phillies fan and Harper busts, don't you have to have him killed or at least induce severe bodily injury so that insurance picks up the slack?

I'll have to remember this when I go negotiate my next pay raise.

As an aside, I went to high school with a guy named Alex Pavlovic

Apparently the dodgers offered 4 years at 45 mil per year. Guess Harper doesn’t have confidence in himself to be able to get a long term contract at age 30

i dont like harper that much, but in a way i hope he kills it the first few years so that he can start bitching when other guys start making more. then in 2025 or so he will hold out.

LMAO @ paying a sports guy 25 mil. well into his midlife crisis.

Apparently the dodgers offered 4 years at 45 mil per year. Guess Harper doesn’t have confidence in himself to be able to get a long term contract at age 30
Yes his big selling point is his age, no one is giving him 9 years at age 30 (lol angels). Even though he would have needed a way smaller contract to make the same money.

Would you have wanted him on that deal ? Means your first round pick would probably always be 10 spots later in the draft, etc because of the luxury tax

So Trout basically just said that he'll only negotiate an extension during the next offseason, not during ST or during the season.

So they basically have three to four months beginning in October to throw tons of money at him or he's gone.

I guess worst case, he'll be 29 by the time his contract is up and the Cangels had him during his best playing years. Another team will pay him $40 mill a year until he's 40.

Glad the dodgers didn't go any higher. That 3 year deal is really good. Not sure how he turned that down.

Glad the dodgers didn't go any higher. That 3 year deal is really good. Not sure how he turned that down.

He obviously doesn't care about winning.

Trout has a higher WAR than Harper and Machado combined. I can't imagine what kind of money he is gonna be asking for. He's gonna hit $400M for sure.

If the Angels are smart they back up a Brinks truck and pay him before he hits free agency like the Rockies did with Nolan. Trout is easily worth $50 million a year. Someone will pay him that even if the Angels won't.

Because you don't leave $162-195 million on the table. Not really all that complex. Dodgers ownership could have offered more years, but they decided to overpay for a declining Kershaw and take the cheap route with an oft injured A.J. Pollock. Should have offered him something closer to 8 year deal when he'd be around 34 at the end of it if they wanted to be taken somewhat serious.

He obviously doesn't care about winning.

Yeah cause the Phils have a history of being a bum franchise :rolleyes:. They at least have a WS title in somewhat recent memory and 2 WS appearances. It's not like we're talking about the Pirates. They just got the best catcher in the game and look to be on the come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back