2018 CFB Championship Week SEC SEC SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand by my statement. You can’t turn on a radio station or go anywhere without hearing about this game. This is a fanabse that is starving for a big win after years of Richt’s teasing. They want this game so bad.

In the era of much less sports media and coverage, the hype nationally for the '83 championship game was just huge. People were talking about the game around the entire country for the month leading up to the game. THe entire game was so intense, I nearly shat my shorts watching it. Great stuff.

Georgia had that run of 3 straight sugar bowls. The game against Pitt was pretty crazy with Dan Marino pulling it out with less than a minute to play.

This is one of the most muted build ups to a national championship game that I can remember. Hopefully it's a good game.

In the era of much less sports media and coverage, the hype nationally for the '83 championship game was just huge. People were talking about the game around the entire country for the month leading up to the game. THe entire game was so intense, I nearly shat my shorts watching it. Great stuff.

Georgia had that run of 3 straight sugar bowls. The game against Pitt was pretty crazy with Dan Marino pulling it out with less than a minute to play.

This is one of the most muted build ups to a national championship game that I can remember. Hopefully it's a good game.
Nationally it might be but here in Atlanta it’s huge.

Talking about national hype, I can still remember sitting in the living room of my parents old house and watching a special on Texas/USC and the countdown of the game being 30 days away and thinking I couldn’t possibly wait another second to see this game much less 30 days

I feel the same way about Georgia that I did about Alabama in 08 SECCG. They CAN win and it wouldn't surprise me but it's a year too soon for them. Don't work yourself into a shoot, Bama fans.

Remember the lead up to the Fiesta Bowl when all the experts were saying that Florida would be too fast for Nebraska? :eek:

@therealdope I bet the buildup to the Miami/Penn State "dual in the desert" was good too.

@therealdope I bet the buildup to the Miami/Penn State "dual in the desert" was good too.

Absolutely. That was just bananas with the national interest. Kind of memorable for Canadians as Keith Giftopoulis intercepted Vinny Testeverde 3 times in that game - LOL

I was in high school :eek: that was a different time. An era when we would get hyped up for a saturday afternoon regular season BB game in the Big East. When Georgetown, Syracuse, St. John, ... we couldn't wait for Saturday afternoon. An era when 3 Big East teams would make the final 4.

I really thought they’d also play up Fromm being committed to Bama before flipping to UGA. Either way, I’m expecting a classic tonight.

I hope it's a good game.

Actually I don't. Is that what they said? Wow - LOL.
I remember Corso specifically. Sun Devil Stadium had turf at the time and we were used to playing on grass. Nebraska was favored in Vegas but so many talking heads picked UF.

I really thought they’d also play up Fromm being committed to Bama before flipping to UGA. Either way, I’m expecting a classic tonight.
Did he go to Georgia because of Kirby or because of Tua being at Bama?

It's been about Kirby vs Saban since Georgia went over Notre Dame. No one cares about the players involved

RTR!

giphy.gif

I remember Corso specifically. Sun Devil Stadium had turf at the time and we were used to playing on grass. Nebraska was favored in Vegas but so many talking heads picked UF.

Really? Wow. I missed that.

Sun devil stadium had field turf? I thought it was always grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back