2021 motor racing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red flag changes everything. Now they can change tires. Red Bull lobbied for the stoppage because their data didn't show a puncture.

Those were bad crashes.
Is red flag restart standing?
This should be a good last three laps if they go.

Red flag changes everything. Now they can change tires. Red Bull lobbied for the stoppage because their data didn't show a puncture.
I wonder if they were worried about Perez life of his tire and take their chances on a restart.

I wonder if they were worried about Perez life of his tire and take their chances on a restart.

That thought crossed my mind also. They said Vettel has a new set of soft tires which could give him an advantage on a standing start.

Hamilton takes himself out. That was the only thing he couldn't afford to do.

That was dumb. Just finish the race second and call it a day.

Hamilton takes himself out. That was the only thing he couldn't afford to do.
Literally the worst thing to do.
But for the title, it’s kinda fair. Let’s see what comes out of the tire investigation.

That's the best race I've seen so far. Sucks that Max had a tire issue, but it definitely made things interesting. I still can't believe Hamilton locked up after the restart given his experience and talent, but just goes to show that even the best can make mistakes. After the snooze fest that was Monaco, this race was a great change.

Wow what an ending. Heartbreaking for Max. Still laughing at Hamilton. This is my favorite street circuit.

Just Bananas. Merc’s in trouble

That was dumb. Just finish the race second and call it a day.

More power to him. Racer got to race.

The good thing is with Max's DNF, he's still lose and Max hasn't proven to be able to just keep banking points like Lewis is to put pressure on him.

Toto gonna be pissed about the lost constructors points though

Hamilton explains switch issue that led to him dropping from P2 to P15 at crucial Azerbaijan GP restart
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...from-p2-to-p15-at.4HxJPbl9KNIu4azlCXRlrG.html

Someone showed images from Mercedes showing the "Magic" setting having been turned off after the formation lap only to be turned on again during the restart. It seems like there should be something to prevent that happening, like a two step procedure to turn it on since it is used on formation laps to warm up the brakes.

When Max crashed I entered depression. When the red flag came out I just assumed Lewis would end up winning so I fell back to sleep on the couch lol. Woke up to a nice surprise though.

Good to see Perez starting to fit in the #2 spot nicely, hopefully his pace on Saturday keeps improving. Should make for a more interesting constructors race.

These dropped points for Max are really gonna sting when Lewis inevitably comes back to his usual consistent form.

Interesting backtracking on Toto’s previous blaming of Bottas for the Monaco catastrophe..,

Hamilton explains switch issue that led to him dropping from P2 to P15 at crucial Azerbaijan GP restart
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...from-p2-to-p15-at.4HxJPbl9KNIu4azlCXRlrG.html

Someone showed images from Mercedes showing the "Magic" setting having been turned off after the formation lap only to be turned on again during the restart. It seems like there should be something to prevent that happening, like a two step procedure to turn it on since it is used on formation laps to warm up the brakes.
He did something similar in 2007 finale where he hit the pit limiter or something and fell down the field early. He fell short of the title in his rookie year.

He did something similar in 2007 finale where he hit the pit limiter or something and fell down the field early. He fell short of the title in his rookie year.

I don't know why they would use a single button input for either a special warm up brake function or the pit limiter. It seems that there would be time prior to using either. You enter the pit and don't need the limiter right away at most venues. The brake warm up is only needed when running under a safety car.

I don't know why they would use a single button input for either a special warm up brake function or the pit limiter. It seems that there would be time prior to using either. You enter the pit and don't need the limiter right away at most venues. The brake warm up is only needed when running under a safety car.
I did some research on the 2007 and it wasn’t a pit limiter but they say some dust entered a wrong valve or something. Sounds weird. But yeah. Hams brakes were smoking after the formation lap, so maybe there was a malfunction. Who knows. But you live and learn.

I did some research on the 2007 and it wasn’t a pit limiter but they say some dust entered a wrong valve or something. Sounds weird. But yeah. Hams brakes were smoking after the formation lap, so maybe there was a malfunction. Who knows. But you live and learn.
I saw this on reddit:
vtfq7z948v371.png

That's plenty of a difference to lock up, just a straight mistake by him.

Tough break for Will Power. Thanks Grosjean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back