Elections 2022 Mid-term Elections PBP

Select your 2022 midterm predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lead

/Led/ blanket
Platinum Member
Reaction score
There’s some threads about specific elections but figured we could get a general one up before Election Day.

What’s up for grabs for those who aren’t following too closely:
-The entire house is up for election. It’s strongly expected that the GOP will take back the House which currently has a slim majority.
-The senate usually has around 1/3 of the seats up for election as the terms are longer (6 years). This is the more competitive of the congressional races, with many close races in places like PA, GA, OH, NC, NV etc. The senate currently is 50-50 with the Dems having the tiebreaking vote. Whoever gets majority might not be able to pass much in the next two years but will have better control on judicial appointments which is seen as important for the parties longterm.
-Some governor races feature prominent incumbent governors for the GOP. Both Kemp (GA) and DeSantis (FL) have become better known nationally during the Covid era and many expect DeSantis to be targeting a 2024 run for president. Additionally, some incumbent governors are on their last term so the seat is up for grabs moreso than usual (AZ and PA).
-Aside from those more national/ statewide seats, there are many state congressional races going as well. This is the first election cycle with the new district maps from the 2020 census and many are looking to see the affects of new maps drawing and gerrymandering or ungerrymandering will have on those races.
-Lastly, there are Secretary of State elections. These usually weren’t closely followed races but with the recent claims of fraud in 2020, there are GOP nominees running on that belief, leading to concern about the administrating of future elections if any of those were to be elected.

Also, for those confident enough in their picks, feel free to propose a bet in the bet thread.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-war-room-bet-thread-v6-place-midterm-wagers-now.4145653/

To all my fellow American WRers and international WR observers, have a good celebration of democracy in motion.

Last edited:
Some sleeper Gov races to watch are NY, MI, OR, NV, and NM, who all have democrats currently and could fall to the wave.

I don’t think all will, but I think at least 2 will flip
Oklahoma about to get a Dem Governor

Some sleeper Gov races to watch are NY, MI, OR, NV, and NM, who all have democrats currently and could fall to the wave.

I don’t think all will, but I think at least 2 will flip

OR is a long term story about if it is going to begin turning red over time. Very unique state.

Oklahoma about to get a Dem Governor

would happily trade Oklahoma for any of those states I listed. I still think republicans will have a net gain of 2-3 govs

edit: that also includes Maryland also likely flipping the other way

Last edited:
Saturday Night Live is joking on Biden now which could be a indicator that things are not looking good for Democrats.

I went with House flips to (R), Senate doesn't flip. Not really seeing the Senate path and I'm thinking the red wave is more red wishful thinking than anything. Lots of Governor races up too, seems like more than usual. We'll see soon either way. Looking forward to extremely close elections with delayed results that surely will make whoever loses the election happy.

OR is a long term story about if it is going to begin turning red over time. Very unique state.
I don't think Oregon is going to turn red anytime soon. I think if the Republican candidate for governor wins it will be due to Betsy Johnson (long time Democrat in the state house) syphoning votes from Kotek.

The ballot says

Kotek (D)
Johnson (I)
Drazen (R)

But, it could also state,

Kotek (D)
Johnson (D)
Drazen (R)

Due to a population increase, Oregon has gained a new seat in Congress. It will be going to a Democrat. The six member of Congress will be D, D, D, D, D, R.

No matter who wins the governor's race, a Oregon will still be a blue state.

giphy.gif

I don't think Oregon is going to turn red anytime soon. I think if the Republican candidate for governor wins it will be due to Betsy Johnson (long time Democrat in the state house) syphoning votes from Kotek.

The ballot says

Kotek (D)
Johnson (I)
Drazen (R)

But, it could also state,

Kotek (D)
Johnson (D)
Drazen (R)

Due to a population increase, Oregon has gained a new seat in Congress. It will be going to a Democrat. The six member of Congress will be D, D, D, D, D, R.

No matter who wins the governor's race, a Oregon will still be a blue state.

Which is why was saying it’s a longer term story. It definitely isn’t going to suddenly be red on this cycle.

Back