2022 Motor racing thread

Hard to agree when Lewis has more wins from other than pole, than Alonso has total wins. But hey. Like I said. Alonso just bitter.

Well I know you’re a big LH fan so I wouldn’t expect you to agree. And to be fair, Alonso was speaking in the heat of the moment and the comment wasn’t precisely accurate. But the between-the-lines truth of FA’s statement is that while Hamilton is great at getting the most pace out of a car that’s the best machine on the grid (particularly when he has a compliant wingman to be his strategic snowplow), he’s actually not that great of a pure racer. I mean, him getting out battled by Checo multiple times last season is one part of why he lost the championship.

That move today was ridiculous for a vet like Ham. I’m just glad he had to pay his own price this time - for a change.

I mean it was Lewis's fault but yeah Alonso is never gonna get over that. I get the adrenaline but damn that radio message lol.

Before seeing the replay I assumed Alonso went sicko mode and punted Lewis just cause. Very uncharacteristic move for Lewis there.
what did he do lately nothing but crash people and what he did resently with not that good car NOTHING

Well I know you’re a big LH fan so I wouldn’t expect you to agree. And to be fair, Alonso was speaking in the heat of the moment and the comment wasn’t precisely accurate. But the between-the-lines truth of FA’s statement is that while Hamilton is great at getting the most pace out of a car that’s the best machine on the grid (particularly when he has a compliant wingman to be his strategic snowplow), he’s actually not that great of a pure racer. I mean, him getting out battled by Checo multiple times last season is one part of why he lost the championship.

That move today was ridiculous for a vet like Ham. I’m just glad he had to pay his own price this time - for a change.
I’ll disagree, he had a good car and didn’t have carte Blanche for any of his seasons. He started every season in a fight with his partner. He won the number one driver status after he had the title in his favour. The stuff that he and rosberg did would never had happened with guys partnering Schumacher, vettel, max and even Alonso when he was with Benetton. That’s why Alonso is bitter. He got our driven in the same car by a rookie.

I mean it was Lewis's fault but yeah Alonso is never gonna get over that. I get the adrenaline but damn that radio message lol.

Before seeing the replay I assumed Alonso went sicko mode and punted Lewis just cause. Very uncharacteristic move for Lewis there.

It was an unwise move by Lewis considering it was Alonso and on the first lap. Depending on which of the various protocols F1 uses, Lewis was clearly ahead when the contact took place but being on the outside is never a good thing. Even if you're right, you're still out of the race. Lewis didn't give Alonso much room but Russell was penalized while being pinned on the inside by Perez in a very similar situation on the first lap in Austria.

The NASCAR race at Daytona was even more of a crash fest than normal with several drivers vying for the final playoff spot willing to risk everything to get it. The race being moved to a day race because of rain and the lack of practice and qualifying meant they were running untested cars at nearly 200 mph. The sudden rain caught everybody out late. Imaging driving at 190 mph in a tight pack with slick tires and being hit by a sudden rain. Less than half of the cars were running at the end. A crazy regular season that saw several surprise winners has left many of the fastest teams out of the playoffs.

uncharacteristic. where were you last few years guy pretends to be good but he dislakes or hates few people on grid max he send to barriers in englnd and second time both were out max and lewis and he has history with alonso and that is why he wa so agressive and intentionaly wanted to get alonso of the track. everybody here talks about alonso having dislikes for hamilton hamilton has more

Some surprises today from Holland as Max had a transmission problem that cause the session to be red flagged and ended his first practice session early. Russell and Hamilton were the fastest in P1.

Usually the second practice session starts 2 hours after the end of the first. Today it was scheduled to start 2.5 hours after the first and had to be delayed further because of problems in Formula 2 qualifying when barriers had to be repositioned.

Red Bull were able to replace the transmission in Max's car. They also installed a different rear wing. Max was only 8th fastest in the second session on soft tires while Leclerc, Sainz, Hamilton, Norris, Russell and Stroll lead the session on medium tires and Alonso was 7th fastest on hard tires. Perez was only 12th fastest in P2 on medium tires.

Piastri to McLaren confirmed and cleared by the CRB. There is no longer a dispute.

With that done, now the other seats can begin to fall into place.

Man its every week for Ferrari, always doing something dumb.

How much space are teams allowed in the pit lane. It appeared that the wheel gun was inside the line when Perez hit it.

This is probably the first time I have ever rooted for Hamilton in a race (purely to make it exciting) lol

Did Tsunoda take his belts off thinking he was getting out.

Yuki/AT probably ruined the exciting finish. Why the hell would you even send him back out after putting him over 2 laps down with that pit stop. I don't blame anyone screaming BS after that...

Red Bull strategy using the Alpha Tauri to get the free pit stop.

Sainz will get a penalty.

I don't get why the SC was so slow to be called

Back