***2024 NBA Thread - Let The Games Begin***

I wasn't feeling well and went to bed early. I was so out of it that I thought the Thunder played last night.

I ran some errands and just watched the Nuggets demolish the Timberwolves. I think Jokic took offence to Shaq's "no offence" bs. Jokic definitely took it personally.

40 points, 7 rebounds, 13 assists, 0 turnovers.

Shaq conveniently missed TNT yesterday. <{yearp}>

So, I just saw the day or two old report that the NBA is likely changing hands from TNT to NBC? If that's the case then the GOAT theme (composed by John Tesh) better be returning as well.

So, I just saw the day or two old report that the NBA is likely changing hands from TNT to NBC? If that's the case then the GOAT theme (composed by John Tesh) better be returning as well.

Yup apparently the president of TNT insulted the NBA and they are mad.

Simmons(the annoying Celtics one) claims that the NBC deal is done and they are waiting to announce.

They might go to court over it cause TNT insists they have matching rights and its pretty vague whether they do or not.

In the span of 5 games people went from Jokic and CANt are both very good to CANt is the GOAT to Jokic is the GOAT.

planet-of-the-apes-laugh.gif

Watch someone be at the top of the game both offensively and defensively and consistently win chips, MVPs, FMVPs, scoring titles year in, year out in the toughest era before thinking about changing your mind.

xuOQpj.gif

In the span of 5 games people went from Jokic and CANt are both very good to CANt is the GOAT to Jokic is the GOAT.

planet-of-the-apes-laugh.gif

Watch someone be at the top of the game both offensively and defensively and consistently win chips, MVPs, FMVPs, scoring titles year in, year out in the toughest era before thinking about changing your mind.

xuOQpj.gif
Typical overreaction. Nothing new lol

2x MVP
2x Scoring title
4x All-NBA First Team
Undisputed leader of the team for over a decade

vs

0x MVPs
0x Scoring titles
0x All-NBA First Team
Operating under the leadership of Tim Duncan.

“Steph Curry is the face of the franchise, and that helps me out, because I don't have to,” he said. “I don't want to have to be the leader. I'm not a leader. I'm bad at saying, ‘Stand behind me and follow me.’

"All-time great. Greatest ever at his position, Top 5 ever."

-Kevin Durcant

Break out the genie bottle. Shaq is a rapper again. I thought the world as a whole rejected Shaq's garbage rapping in the 90s.

If small penis energy had a face, it would be Shaq.

This guy is 7 ft monster with millions of dollars and Willow in his pants but he is so insecure.

2x MVP
2x Scoring title
4x All-NBA First Team
Undisputed leader of the team for over a decade

vs

0x MVPs
0x Scoring titles
0x All-NBA First Team
Operating under the leadership of Tim Duncan.

“Steph Curry is the face of the franchise, and that helps me out, because I don't have to,” he said. “I don't want to have to be the leader. I'm not a leader. I'm bad at saying, ‘Stand behind me and follow me.’

"All-time great. Greatest ever at his position, Top 5 ever."

-Kevin Durcant

The real GOAT Oscar Robertson has 9 first team all NBAs. More than twice as many as Curry. More all stars too. And he played without the 3 ball. And if we round up from 9.5 he averaged a triple double his 1st 5 seasons.

Robertson averaged 0.9 more points than Curry with no 3 ball
Robertson averaged 2.8 more rebounds than Curry
Robertson averaged 3.1 more assists than Curry
Robertson has 55 more WS than Curry
Robertson has a 1.2% better shooting percentage than Curry

The only thing besides rings Curry has over Robertson is fucking PER by 0.4.

If we really look at the analytics Robertson is the GOAT. Especially at the PG position. People saying Curry, Magic and fucking Isiah Thomas are better are on fucking crack. Not the 80s kind either.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, I miss 2000s NBA. Basketball in its purest form.

I believe basketball was at its most competitive in the 70s and am a stan for all the old eras.

Of all the modern eras the media actually acknowledges(80s to present) 2000s was the best IMO by a country mile. People pretend the 08 Celtics created the "Big 3" but if you were around back then you'll remember damm near half the league had a big 3. And it was fucking dope.

Your average NBA team was never more competitive than it was at that point. While I put the earlier eras on a pedestal cause you had more loaded teams this was the best the league got in its final 30 team form.

Back