205 is in shambles. Only One Man can save the division...

Would Nemkov be the UFC Light Heavweight champion

• Total voters
He is scared of the UFC so he will go to ONE after Bellator gets sold

nc saved him from losing to Corey but now he's the LHW savior, lol
giphy.gif

Heh, it’s a toss up. He looked like shit in the first Anderson fight.
Way overstated. Nemkov won rd 1, and dropped the next two rounds. I get that the momentum seemed to have shifted, but who knows, maybe Nemkov would’ve made adjustments mid-fight. I’m pretty sure plenty of people have dropped 2 rounds in a 5 round fight and still managed to win.
Nemkov handled him in the rematch easily.

It would be very interesting to see where Nemkov stands in the big league. He would very likely be a major force but unfortunately Fedor's ego and selfish agenda will prevent that from ever happening. They are commies that is what they do.

nc saved him from losing to Corey but now he's the LHW savior, lol
giphy.gif
Two things:
1. Corey Anderson is very good and could easily be LHW champ in the UFC

2. Did you see the rematch? I thought Corey walks thru him. Nemkov clearly fixed that TDD. It’s not like he got a quick flash KO win.

Last edited:
Way overstated. Nemkov won rd 1, and dropped the next two rounds. I get that the momentum seemed to have shifted, but who knows, maybe Nemkov would’ve made adjustments mid-fight. I’m pretty sure plenty of people have dropped 2 rounds in a 5 round fight and still managed to win.
Nemkov handled him in the rematch easily.

Highly doubtful the way he gassed out.

Nemkov is a beast, it's a shame he's in a different org.

205 is shaping up fine:
- Youngish (30-32) group of top talent rising to the top - Jamahal Hill, Jiri, Rakic, Ankalaev - Nemkov would be a great addition to this group, maybe the best of them
- Aging Talent that are fun but at end of career - Jan, Smith
- Some very good gatekeepers - Volkan Oezdemir, Ryan Spann
- Full on Wildcard - Johnny Walker
- Token Mysterious Undefeated Russian -Murzakanov

What more do you want!?

After Hill got hurt, believe me, I was thinking that Bellator now had the best LHW in MMA. Him or Jiri, really. The best contender from Jan vs Chinaman killer.
Ddin't look that great against a 46-year old recently.

Highly doubtful the way he gassed out.
He went 5 rounds with Anderson in the rematch, and has gone 5 rounds other times and won (recently against Yoel, as well as Davis). Again, I agree that there seemed to be a momentum shift, but it’s not like that NC happened in the 5th round when a loss was certain. There were 2 more rounds left in the fight. Any number of things could’ve happened.

He'd probably be top 5, but even if he could win the belt, he doesn't really reinvigorate the division.

He's just another contender with little name value.

I suppose he could have a trilogy with Hill, but that division needs a new star.
Yeah, I agree he's in the Top 5 mix and could win the belt, but he's definitely not some prime Jones type fighter.

Ddin't look that great against a 46-year old recently.
He won the fight 4 rounds to 1. Yoel is just really durable still, and you’ve got to be cautious with him because he’s sneaky. He didn’t really have anything for Nemkov all fight long.

He won the fight 4 rounds to 1. Yoel is just really durable still, and you’ve got to be cautious with him because he’s sneaky. He didn’t really have anything for Nemkov all fight long.
But Yoel is 46 and MW Costa beat a better/younger version of him 4 years ago. In fact, Yoel lost his last 4 UFC fights at MW. It's no better than Bisping beating a 46-year old Hendo (who is very similar to Yoel stylistically).

But Yoel is 46 and MW Costa beat a better/younger version of him 4 years ago. In fact, Yoel lost his last 4 UFC fights at MW. It's no better than Bisping beating a 46-year old Hendo (who is very similar to Yoel stylistically).
Bisping took way more damage against Hendo than Nemkov did from Yoel. I don’t see how that’s debatable.

It seems like you sort of shifted your point from saying Nemkov didn’t look good against Yoel, to talking about the significance of the win. I agree it’s not the greatest win in the world, but I disagree that Nemkov didn’t look good against him. He handled Yoel fine.

Back