3 back of the head shots by jones

RiskiestCookie

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Anyone else see it?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Other fighters would've hit the back of the head more. Jones transitioned to punching under Gustafsson's arm.

Yeah he went out to a shot to the back of the head.

I seen't it live and during the replay. Guess anything Jon does is legal.

They were close but legal. The actual illegal zone is like an inch up the middle

That ref didn't even voice a warning after the first illegal back of the head shot, he just stood there watching.

Other fighters would've hit the back of the head more. Jones transitioned to punching under Gustafsson's arm.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Basically everyone in the UFC only throws looping shots from that position because otherwise you'll hit the back of the head. Jones just punched down.

It was weird. Jones Justin started teeing off on the back of Gus’ head from a position he shouldn’t be able to get a finish on a fresh fighter

Turning your head to your attacking opponent is guaranteed to result in some shots to the back of the head. Jones transitioned nicely to the side of the head, though. That was a masterful performance.

They were close but legal. The actual illegal zone is like an inch up the middle
For some reason people can't seem to understand this , they seem to think that behind the ear is illegal

I thought one was back of the head but Jones seemed to immediately stop and moved more to the side and under.

Yeah it was the back of the head but Gus was doing nothing to defend so meh

Back