• The Devils Own

• Troy

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Good The Bad The HBK

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Movie 1: Interview with a vampire

“I hated doing this movie. Hated it,” he admitted at the time of its release. “Loved watching it. Completely hated doing it.” Pitt additionally referred to “spending six months in the fucking dark”

Movie 2 : The Devils Own

“the most irresponsible bit of filmmaking that I’ve ever seen”. Beset by issues behind the scenes, the end product was “the complete victim of this drowning studio head”, according to Pitt, who intimated that the only reason he didn’t quit was so that they didn’t end up getting sued.

Movie 3: Troy

Admitting to The New York Times how he was “disappointed” with the film and “it was driving me crazy” to power through against his better judgement, he “realised that the way that movie was being told was not how I wanted it to be”. He envisioned an old-school epic ripped right from the ‘Golden Age’, but it ended up becoming “a commercial kind of thing”.

Ok. Why is there a poll though?

Also, I haven’t seen The Devil’s Own since it came out. But I don’t remember liking it.

He is dead on about Troy. Nothing in it looked authentically of that time. Everything was too clean and shiny. And that is really indicative of how the movie was written, shot, and edited - like a shiny new car they hoped to sell. Incredibly commercial.

Interview with the Vampire is one I finally watched a few months ago. It was ok. But I didn’t love it.

Aww, wtf?

Interview With The Vampire and Troy were awesome!

Devil's Own sucked, though, so he's right about that.

Hated Troy when it came out, find it very watchable now.

I’ve only seen Interview and it was OK.

Pitt was good in Troy. He carried an otherwise weak, bland film. Interview was good, I thought Cruise was great in that. The Devil’s Own was perplexing. A extremely underwhelming film with Pitt and Ford as the stars?

I'm not looking at the OP or the responses, but I'm pretty sure Interview with the Vampire is one of them.

Troy was indeed pretty terrible.

I never liked Interview, I thought it was boring af, although Cruise was great in it. Pitt to me seemed completely miscast

Troy was very average but watchable. Pitt did fine I guess but his role was mainly just being eye candy

I haven't seen The Devils Own

Pitt carried Troy, i liked it for what it was, but I agree with his assessment. It felt too commercial, with the bones and air of something sturdy and lasting, but the end result didn't have enough heart and substance.

Pitt probably hated Troy cuz he didn’t get to have gay secks with Patroclus like the real story.

He hated IWAV the most likely as he hated Tom Cruise .

Back