***#3 Ranked UFC Strawweight, Jessica "Bate Estaca" Andrade SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Istela Nunes still train at your gym? Do you think she has any chance to beat Angela Lee?

Hey Jessica, knock some humility into her! good luck!

Do you have any hobbies/interests outside of fighting?

I really like playing soccer, just played a charity game here in Foz do Iguaçu yesterday with some TV stars.
Im here as a guest to a show happening tonight, Fight 2 Night 2. Matt Hamill x Luiz Cané is the main event.

Does Istela Nunes still train at your gym? Do you think she has any chance to beat Angela Lee?

No, she is no longer a part of team PRVT... for a few reasons...
But she is a very talented striker and has a good shot at taking that belt.

Angela is really not aware of what the real straw-weight division is like, talking about how she would like to fight the UFC champion. Its easy for her to talk about being the best when its her gym promoting all her fights and hand picking her opponents. Istela is probably spoiling that party.

Off topic here,but who would you want Jon Jones to fight in his return?

And who would you favor more to win against Bones?

Rumble(retired) or Cormier.

Any weight class besides yours that interests you? As an mma fan.

Cormier probably would be the best match.
Aside from mine I watch the most Aldo's weight class, featherweight.

I really like playing soccer, just played a charity game here in Foz do Iguaçu yesterday with some TV stars.
Im here as a guest to a show happening tonight, Fight 2 Night 2. Matt Hamill x Luiz Cané is the main event.
Mande um abraço pro Shogun, fale pra ele que seu maior fã do Sherdog ja está na espera do próximo combate (Send Shogun a big hug and tell him his biggest Sherdog fan is eager waiting for his next fight) :)

Mande um abraço pro Shogun, fale pra ele que seu maior fã do Sherdog ja está na espera do próximo combate (Send Shogun a big hug and tell him his biggest Sherdog fan is eager waiting for his next fight) :)

Pode deixar ! :)

How big was your last fight with Angela Hill for momentum and confidence heading into your fight with Joanna/

Hey Jessica.
What do you feel are the best weapons of JJ in the upcoming fight and how are you adjusting your training/fighting style in order to counter those?

Good luck in your fight and hopefully the next Q/A will be with the belt on your shoulders!

how did u get into fighting

I was training at a social project in my school, did a judo class and the coach got invited to train BJJ. Three months into BJJ training there was a mma show in town and my coach asked if I wanted to try it... and I gave it a go.

How big was your last fight with Angela Hill for momentum and confidence heading into your fight with Joanna/

WAs huge, I got the chance to work a full 15 minutes of standup in the division and make sure my stamina was where it had to be.

Hey Jessica.
What do you feel are the best weapons of JJ in the upcoming fight and how are you adjusting your training/fighting style in order to counter those?

Good luck in your fight and hopefully the next Q/A will be with the belt on your shoulders!

Her striking technique is extremely good, her use of elbows specially for mma together with her front kicks make it a tough style to work against.

But its all things we can deal with given the time we had to prepare.

How often have you done any sort of training with Joanna? I remember seeing you two doing some light grappling in a video once but that's all I can think of/have seen that's on video.

Hello Jessica,

Good luck in the big upcoming tittle fight.. I feel you can win this but it will be a very hard and competitive fight, I feel it will go down to the last rounds on the scoring cards.

I think you 2 girls are the best in the world at 115 lbs so this will be fun! cheering for you.. stay strong when JJ will start with those mind games and creepy stare downs.

How often have you done any sort of training with Joanna? I remember seeing you guys doing some light grappling in a video once but that's all I can think of/have seen that's on video.

That was pretty much the only time we actually trained together. I was on fight week for the sarah moras fight and she was there as a guest.

Hello Jessica,

Good luck in the big upcoming tittle fight.. I feel you can win this but it will be a very hard and competitive fight, I feel it will go down to the last rounds on the scoring cards.

I think you 2 girls are the best in the world at 115 lbs so this will be fun! cheering for you.. stay strong when JJ will start with those mind games and creepy stare downs.

Thank you ! Mean Mugging wont win any fights, as we say here in Brazil: A Mean Mugg means that someone is hungry, so I might bring in a plate of food to help her on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back