30 Days Sober

Hans Gercmiov

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
This is the first time I've been sober more than a week since 2002. This is new territory for me. Don't know what it's like to be a sober adult.

I used to think to myself, if I was sober then wtf else would I be doing? Couldn't imagine not being fucked up all the time. Didn't understand how people did it at all. But I'm really enjoying it. It's almost like a whole new type of drug.

Anyone else trying to do the sober thing

Thats awesome man, congrats! What was your path to sobriety like? (AA/rehab/counseling etc) Are you still actively participating in a recovery program?

This is the first time I've been sober more than a week since 2002. This is new territory for me. Don't know what it's like to be a sober adult.

I used to think to myself, if I was sober then wtf else would I be doing? Couldn't imagine not being fucked up all the time. Didn't understand how people did it at all. But I'm really enjoying it. It's almost like a whole new type of drug.

Been sober my whole life.

Glad you decided to give it a try.

Congrats. The health benefit is worth it
200.gif

Getting sobers the easy part. Staying sober is what sucks.

Good on ya, brah!
Once we get the taste of John Barleycorn seems like pain is the only thing that can change that.
Enjoy the adventure, it's all we got!!

I've been sober for 5 weeks now. Rarely do I miss smoking weed, I would say 98% of the time I'm glad I did while there was a day or 2 I wanted to but didn't.

Keep up the great work TS

Weed gives me horrible anxiety now or I'd definitely be smoking. I can't drink though, there's no "in moderation" with me. After the first sip it's drink until I black out.

I got 14 days now. Which other than rehab earlier this year is the longest ive gone in 15 years. Feels great.

Gotta remember how fucking terrible, lazy, depressed, and sick you felt all the time when you get that craving.

Weed gives me horrible anxiety now or I'd definitely be smoking. I can't drink though, there's no "in moderation" with me. After the first sip it's drink until I black out.
One word, "edibles", but only if used mindfully, otherwise we just swap escape-delivery-systems.
Microdosing organic psychedelics is an option

I'd suggest more straight edge time, months, before any of that, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrat

Stick with it, you'll be happy you did.

Back