32-0 Complete Unified GOAT Cecilia Braekus to make a whopping $50k

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im clearly not a fan of womens boxing but that is just embarassing, and you have to wonder why a lot of the talent is leaving Women's Boxing for WMMA.

Braekus has the WBC, WBA, IBF, and WBO belts with a total of 65 total belt defenses combined and co-headlines HBO (which will get 1M+ viewers), yet makes the same as Jayson Velez on yesterday's random ESPN2 card.

Thats less money than Michelle Waterson, PVZ, Cyborg, Rose, Joanna, etc.

Sounds brutal she should get a new promotion, or move to wmma too.womens boxing has always been a poor sport though.

you eat what you draw

Thankfully she has good sponsorship money going on, or so I assume. I follow her on instagram, and she is living an awesome life from what I can tell.

I am a big fan of her. She reminds me a lot of Wlad in that she is very intelligent/cerebral and highly skilled, while being a great athlete. Not letting her ego make her to reckless.

I think part of the purse is that it is a short notice card, no longer PPV. Hope she gets more exposure here.

It's women's boxing. I think that most boxing/mma fans use the girl fights to take a bathroom break/go make more snacks, etc. I'm amazed that there is money available for any of them to be brutally honest.

145 pound weight class desperately needs good females in MMA, big opportunity if she is not too old at 36 to learn wrestling and takedown defense and some BJJ. Mega-fight with Cyborg would be the end goal.

Did not watch the fight. But reading Norwegian newspapir, it sound like she got almost knocked out.

She needs to head to MMA if that is where she tops out...she could get that Holly $$$ and face Cyborg.

i am gonna talk to layla mccarter next week and do an interview. because if i remember right, she was offered substantially more to figh layla but turned it down. besides, cecilia has never fought in the united states, so she is a complete unknown. i am sure she makes a lot more back in europe. still shit pay though

found this:

According to Layla McCarter who is currently managed by Team Mayweather, SHOWTIME BOXING has committed a 1 million dollar allowance for making the bout happen, however due to the demands of Cecilia Braekhus wanting a million dollars even for her participation it appears the bout is nowhere close to getting signed.

According to McCarter SHOWTIME BOXING is willing to offer a 500K purse to each of the combatants, meaning that both fighters would leave the venue after the fight with a half a million dollar salary. While a bout against McCarter doesn’t appear close to being announced, boxing fans are expecting news on Cecilia Braekhus first opponent in the USA soon, as she is currently in California training with Lucia Rijker.

i am gonna talk to layla mccarter next week and do an interview. because if i remember right, she was offered substantially more to figh layla but turned it down. besides, cecilia has never fought in the united states, so she is a complete unknown. i am sure she makes a lot more back in europe. still shit pay though

found this:

According to Layla McCarter who is currently managed by Team Mayweather, SHOWTIME BOXING has committed a 1 million dollar allowance for making the bout happen, however due to the demands of Cecilia Braekhus wanting a million dollars even for her participation it appears the bout is nowhere close to getting signed.

According to McCarter SHOWTIME BOXING is willing to offer a 500K purse to each of the combatants, meaning that both fighters would leave the venue after the fight with a half a million dollar salary. While a bout against McCarter doesn’t appear close to being announced, boxing fans are expecting news on Cecilia Braekhus first opponent in the USA soon, as she is currently in California training with Lucia Rijker.

Layla McCarter is a beast. Saw one of her bkb fights, best ive seen a woman box apart from Rijker.

I had expected more of Braekhus she didnt look good (looks wise she does)

Did not watch the fight. But reading Norwegian newspapir, it sound like she got almost knocked out.

Not even close. A good right hand did land cleanly and sent her down, but she was up before the ref even counted to 1. She got hit some more during some exchanges late, but was never in danger. In fact, once she got knocked down, she stopped listening to her corner and stepped up her offense as well.

She needs to head to MMA if that is where she tops out...she could get that Holly $$$ and face Cyborg.

Cyborg actually wants to fight her in a boxing match, in 2019. From what I could tell last night anyways.

Yea. Market value is what it is. That's why the minimum weight fighters are unheard of. Why would I watch women who are technically not as advanced nor have good physical attributes especially in a combat sport.
Is what it is.

Im clearly not a fan of womens boxing but that is just embarassing, and you have to wonder why a lot of the talent is leaving Women's Boxing for WMMA.

Braekus has the WBC, WBA, IBF, and WBO belts with a total of 65 total belt defenses combined and co-headlines HBO (which will get 1M+ viewers), yet makes the same as Jayson Velez on yesterday's random ESPN2 card.

Thats less money than Michelle Waterson, PVZ, Cyborg, Rose, Joanna, etc.

women are better suited to wmma than boxing anyway. Leave the punching to men.

Layla McCarter is a beast. Saw one of her bkb fights, best ive seen a woman box apart from Rijker.

I had expected more of Braekhus she didnt look good (looks wise she does)
yea, it definitely was not impressive. i like layla, she has been around a long time and been in a lot of wars. she is a cool lady too. she is frustrated by a lot of the bs the women have to put up with, especially the 2 minute rounds. she absolutely hates that. also, she is even willing to fight claressa shields. say what you will about her chances in that fight, the fact that she will fight her considering how much smaller she is is incredible. she told me even walking around she has never weighed over 140 and that sometimes she has had to load her shorts with weights just to meet minimum weights for a couple of her fights

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back