3D Printers. What U Got?

Lukn4trbl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm shopping around for a 9*9*9" , 3D printer.

No idea about options, software, etc. I have some CAD experience, and very mechanically inclined.

Google is not my friend this time around.

What do you have and why?

Options. Selection criteria. Spool size. Material type, etc.

The initial use will be making electronic box enclosures, and LCD trim pieces (bezels).

Thanks.

I'm still saving up for that extra D. I could go go for a D right now.

I saw something designed for 3D printing and ended up ordering Lego Technic parts and buying nylon spacers at the hardware store to make it myself since I don't have a 3D printer.

Monoprice Maker Select

Thanks for the tip, but this print area is too small for my needs (unless there's another model I can't locate):

Maximum Print Area 4.8" x 2.7" x 7.1" (121 x 69 x 180 mm)

dot-matrix-surv1v4l1st.jpg

No idea about options, software, etc. I have some CAD experience, and very mechanically inclined.

The initial use will be making electronic box enclosures, and LCD trim pieces (bezels).

Thanks.
If you want a high quality , sturdy part with precise dimensional tolerance, then just hire out your design to a firm that has a SLS (selective laser sintering) machine, which like 3d printers is rapid prototyping.

Thanks.

When you get the 3-D printer, use it to make another 3-D printer. Then return the one you purchased.

Just go and buy a dildo man.. It will save you a lot of trouble.

So happy to have all this helpful information from you dudes! :mad:

Creality Ender 3.
I've had mine for about 3 months, and I love it.
250 bucks on Amazon. Assembly required, but it shouldn't be a problem for you. It'll also give you a good understsnding of its operation.

Attachments

• 20180613_213000-1195x2124.jpg
    20180613_213000-1195x2124.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendations. The printer arrived this week (Creality Ender-3).

I'm in the process of setting up Fusion 360 and Blender to begin CAD drawings. I'm sure it's going to take a while to learn all this programming/drawing.

48421790_10158062227484148_4473817684189904896_o.jpg

Last edited:
Autodesk Tinkercad is supposed to be relatively easy for basic shapes.

Who dug up this thread ???

th

The test print came out fairly nice for factory settings. I think the nozzle temperature needs tweaking
to eliminate the stringing inside the cross-hatching (200 degrees)?
The exterior slicing is noticeable, but not too bad.

It should be even less of an issue on a straight, flat box, but I believe there is a setting to smooth out
the slicing?

It took about 2 hours to print half the dog figurine, then I ran out of test material. I can't
imagine how long it will take to print the module box, but i'd estimate 5 hours each?

Anyone have some experience with printing large objects 10" x 8" x 4" than can confirm?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks.
i only 3d print in dark matter

Back