40+ fighting fat

Oblivian

Aging
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't done a food log in over 15 years. A log helps to keep me accountable. I've been eating like an asshole lately, so mainly just looking to keep things in check. Weighed 201.4 this morning. 185 lbs is pretty lean with the muscle mass I carry, so I'm thinking this may be a target weight. Winter is coming to an end here, so I'll probably add in some more cardio. I've mainly been lifting only for the past couple months.

Use Myfitnesspal for an ok free app to track calories. You can scan barcodes to help track calories. I tried other apps like Mynetdiary. They are more or less the same thing unless you pay for the premium version. Good luck.

It’s either dieting or adding cardio to manage your calories (deficit, surplus, maintenance).

I had a weight gain issue and chalked it up to age……. I have a home gym etc. I do all my training, conditioning and cardio accordingly.

What happened was my dog that I walk 2-8 miles every single day got old and sick so I no longer was walking him. Because of the nature of it just being burned into my daily routine I never actually accounted it for anything. I finally realized that was the variable that changed things.

Those calories I was no longer burning added up over a few months and I was entirely clueless.

I've been pretty successful with dropping weight prior. In the last log, I went from 190 lbs to 160 lbs in less than 3 months for a bet lol. Basically I just look at my status quo and eat less. I normally drop quick with just very slight changes in diet and I'll eventually stall, then I go more strict. I'll probably get down to 190-195 lbs by just not eating like a fatass. I've literally been eating whatever without gaining much because I'm so active.

Morning Weight: 200.4 lbs

Yesterday's food below:

Morning snack 1: handful of almonds
Morning snack 2: two mandarin oranges

Lunch: Superbowl leftovers - small bowl of chorizo and potato soup, 1 deviled egg, 1 small pig in a blanket

Training smoothie: spinach, banana, protein, preworkout

Dinner: bowl of butter and garlic noodles with shrimp and broccoli (light on noodles, heavy on shrimp)

Night snack: Protein shake (greek yogurt, spoonful of peanut butter, chocolate protein) + large cupful of nearly naked popcorn

My calorie intake between dinner and night snack was probably 1000-1500 less than what I've been doing lol

Morning Weight: 199.2 lbs

Yesterday's food below:

Lunch: Superbowl leftovers - small bowl of chorizo and potato soup, 1 deviled egg, 1 meatball

Training smoothie: spinach, banana, protein, preworkout, electrolytes

Dinner: 2 hardshell tacos w/ ground beef, cheese, tomatoes, green onion

Night snack: 1 deviled egg, handful of cheezit white cheddar puffs, bowl of greek yogurt with blueberries and granola

I was starving after squats so I was proud of how little I ate for my night snack

Morning Weight: 200.0 lbs

Yesterday's food below:

Lunch: Superbowl leftovers - small bowl of chorizo and potato soup, 1 deviled egg, a few pieces of pineapple

Dinner: 8-10 oz sirloin; half of a red baked potato with butter, broccoli, cheese; snagged a couple of the kids tater tots

Night snack: chips and queso with meat (small bowl), bowl of raisin nut bran and milk

This was the first time at night that I wasn't that hungry but I still ate. I'm surprised too since dinner felt really light.

Forgot to log yesterday: Friday morning weight: 198.8 lbs, Saturday morning weight: 199 lbs

Thursday:
Morning snack 2: apple

Lunch: Two wings and two drumsticks on small rotisserie chicken, a few chunks of pineapple, and some carrots + broccoli with hummus

Dinner: six inch spicy italian from Subway with mayo, lettuce, onion, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper

Night snack: deviled egg, large cup of nearly naked popcorn, protein shake (chocolate frozen yogurt, greek yogurt, protein, milk)

Friday:
Morning snack 2: banana

Lunch: 1/2 cobb salad with ranch, two small square pieces of pepperoni pizza

Skipped dinner - just snacked

Night snack: a few pieces of rotisserie chicken breast, pita chips and crab dip

Wish you good results with your weight loss. Although it is time intensive, Dietpower is a very powerful diet and health goal oriented and tracking program. Besides many other features, it tracks water intake, daily nutritional summary, rates and suggests foods for you and can be customized. Can track excercise and other variables like blood pressure. It is free but no longer supported. I am in my 60s, of similar size to you, and my nutritionist said to keep my diet at 1850 calories but do not log in any exercise (allows you to eat more). You sound like you are on the right track and doing it early in life which I failed to do. Now I have to carefully watch the foods I eat. Not fun. Good luck.

Morning weight: 196.6 lbs (*Weekend weigh ins are prior to coffee and water since I just run straight to the office. They'll typically be lower is my guess*)

Morning snack: 2 pieces of breakfast sausage

Brunch: An order of biscuits and gravy (2 biscuits + sausage gravy)

Dinner throughout the night was a bunch of snacks during the fight: Roughly a bowl full of london broil in cubes, a potato skin, some carrots + celery + broccoli with hummus, pita chips with crab dip, a few pretzel bites, beers

Morning weight: 199.4 lbs Officially a week in and it looks like I'm averaging around a 2 lbs loss.

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with feta cheese and steak

Snack: Banana

Dinner: 6 chicken wings, some pita chips and crab dip, a couple strawberries

This felt like a very light eating day. I was at basketball games for 5 hours throughout the day and didn't want to eat the concession stand food.

Morning weight: 198.6 lbs

Snack: Handful of almonds

Early Lunch: Pita with steak, feta, peppers, and chipotle aioli

Dinner: vegetable fried rice with broccoli and chuck roast shredded

Snack: Handful of blueberries

Snack #1: Handful of almonds

Snack #2: Banana

Lunch: Pita with steak, feta, peppers, and chipotle aioli

Dinner: noodle stir fry with pork, broccoli, and peanut sauce

Night snacks: Some pita chips and crab dip, chips and salsa, protein smoothie (chocolate frozen yogurt, greek yogurt, protein powder)

Snack #2: Apple

Dinner: Around 8 oz of salmon, rice, veggies

Night snacks: Some pita chips and crab dip, small amount of cheezit puffs, bowl of raisin bran crunch with milk

Thursday - forgot to log so going off memory:

Morning weight: 197.6 lbs

Dinner: Chicken breast with half a steamers bag of broccoli and cheese

Night snacks: string cheese, chips and salsa, yogurt with blueberries and granola

Friday:

Morning weight: 197.0 lbs

Lunch: Cobb salad with ranch

Kid's McDonalds birthday party meal: double cheeseburger with fries, slice of cookies and cream cake

Snack: A couple cups of blueberries

Morning weight: 198.2 lbs

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 6-8 oz steak, hash brown, toast w/ butter

Snack: Chips and salsa

Dinner: two hardshell beef tacos with cheese, green onion, tomato

Snacks during fights: chips with queso and beef, banana, a few pretzel bites, beers

Morning weight: 197.6 lbs (Slightly less than 2 lbs this week in loss. My guess is that it will start slowing to a lbs soon unless I increase cardio or get more strict.)

Breakfast: 2 sausage and egg burritos from McDonalds

Snack: Veggies and ranch

Dinner: A few slices of turkey breast and mashed potatoes

Snack: white cheddar puff cheezits

Morning weight: 197.4 lbs

Lunch: Turkey sandwich with two slices of provolone and mayo, some BBQ chips

Skipped dinner

Night snacks: pita chips and crab dip, skinny pop popcorn, small chocolate malt