40 plus bros: What's your reaction to chest pains ?

Sounds like Chest AIDS, RIP Sherbro!

I am not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure it's a chest burster.
8Pjv.gif

Go to the doctor.

I'm always gonna advise that.

Not to sound morbid, but there are graves full of guys who probably said "it was nothing..."

Best case scenario you went to the doctor's for nothing (besides peace of mind). Worst case scenario, you took care of something serious.

This.

My father was thinking he was dizzy and having chest pains because of food poisoning, so of course he toughed it out and continued to play sudoku on his computer. My brother randomly popped in right as he's about to pass out, took him to the hospital and now the dude has a pacemaker.

I'm convinced some old stubborn dudes live so long only because everyone stays ready and develops a 6th sense for their bullshit lol.

My job is stressful so I feel chest pains occasionally.

I keep a bottle of Bayer aspirin at my desk just in case.

When I feel them, I just try to relax, breathe, and then I make sure to go jogging later and eat salads and get sleep.

I've gone to the doctor for them in the past and they do all kinds of tests, run up huge bills, and waste my entire day just to tell me I'm fine, so I stopped going to the doctor for it.

Of course if it got really bad I'd go back, but for the random little pain that I get, I'm fine doing it my way

depends which part of the chest, if its in the heart area then i kinda wide eyed. if its on the other side of the heart, then i just figured its covid related because i used to not get chest pains until after i had covid...which seems to have more often since then.

I’m 31 but whenever I get chest pains I’m like WELP. HEART ATTACK INCOMING. lmao idk what’s wrong with me to be this dramatic :rolleyes:

When I get them I don't get scared. I tend to have this grin on my face like, "Welp, here we go ..... time for the great beyond."

Perhaps it's because I don't really believe it's a heart attack, or perhaps I do and have lived a great life so far so I'm not regretting leaving this plane.

Um... I don't get them thankfully. You should probably see a doctor about that sherbro.

What's your blood pressure like?

Open a new carton of Chesterfields and start puffing away.

I had my heart checked and all is good. My pain was caused by GERD (reflux). Felt like a heart attack.

You should get second opinion, bro, cause that shit sounds like the bad kind of AIDS.

A couple years ago I woke up gasping for air, figured it was GERD. I took some TUMS and went back to sleep, about 15 minutes later it happened again. The third time it happened i realized there wasn't a burning sensation in my chest. I went to the ER, long story short , I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. My ejection fraction was 9% and i was rteaining some much fluid that i almost coded when i layed down in the MRI.

My job is stressful so I feel chest pains occasionally.

I keep a bottle of Bayer aspirin at my desk just in case.

When I feel them, I just try to relax, breathe, and then I make sure to go jogging later and eat salads and get sleep.

I've gone to the doctor for them in the past and they do all kinds of tests, run up huge bills, and waste my entire day just to tell me I'm fine, so I stopped going to the doctor for it.

Of course if it got really bad I'd go back, but for the random little pain that I get, I'm fine doing it my way

Sounds like your job is stressful and has shit benefits if you're paying for doctor bills.

I'd advise getting a new job where you don't need Bayer and your doctor visits only cost the price of your deductible.

i'm going to be 43 and have never had chest pains. just exercise and eat right. maybe because i have chosen to not eat sugar for the past 10 years since has helped out. although i do drink, so that's not great. but yeah, i just make it a point to not eat too much fatty foods, and have removed sugar from my diet. i feel great, to be honest.

Regret at just wanting to travel a few years ago...

A couple years ago I woke up gasping for air, figured it was GERD. I took some TUMS and went back to sleep, about 15 minutes later it happened again. The third time it happened i realized there wasn't a burning sensation in my chest. I went to the ER, long story short , I was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. My ejection fraction was 9% and i was rteaining some much fluid that i almost coded when i layed down in the MRI.
<{dayum}>

better start wearing a bra

I'm 36, healthy, relatively, my sleep is messed up. Now my reaction is that the vape my work buddy sold me from China is dog shit. It gives me a tickle in my heart are. So I'm off to buy a legit one..

I eat a lot of healthy food so I don't get real heart cramps ect. Well am a smoker.

I also eat trash like chocolate. But eat so much fruit veggies and olive oil / nuts ect that I'm pretty healthy.

Now you definitely don't wanna have my sleep patterns. I sleep like a undying zombie or something. Real trash sleep habbit's.

Back