5 episodes into the wire and

S2 is a completely different speed from S1 because, again, analysis-not-exploitation. Characters enlist in different fields, so you don't get the exact same Ice T for over ten years in the Special Victims Unit on his first day on the job every episode [/John Mulaney joke]. While each season within itself should be watched in order, you can totally skip S2 without losing any preface for S3 and S4.

I would say S3 veers into a weird fakey plotline, and it's the only time THE WIRE felt very "television." I wouldn't say THE WIRE is all that steeped in realism, but aside from parts of S3 it's not average "television."

Shield>>>>>>>>>>Wire

Stringer carries that show without him it sucks. Slow as fuck, gtfo with but but but, realism. If I wanted to go down the the projects in Baltimore in RL and sit there for a few days and watch people go about their daily business, that is what its like watching the wire.

I have tried, and tried, and tried to get through this series, and no its politics does not go over my head. The second series when Mcnulty finds the chicks in the shipping containers or whatever, was just...I could not even keep going. I always get to like the 3rd episode of the second season and have to quit.

One day I will have to power through it because I have literally almost watched everything. But god it will be agonizing. Or mayhaps I will change my tune about the series. But I cannot bring myself to power through it yet.
I think I remember the second season being the weakest but 3 and 4 were great, 5 was aiite. But yes first season was very slow and second wasn't great

S2 is a completely different speed from S1 because, again, analysis-not-exploitation. Characters enlist in different fields, so you don't get the exact same Ice T for over ten years in the Special Victims Unit on his first day on the job every episode [/John Mulaney joke]. While each season within itself should be watched in order, you can totally skip S2 without losing any preface for S3 and S4.

I would say S3 veers into a weird fakey plotline, and it's the only time THE WIRE felt very "television." I wouldn't say THE WIRE is all that steeped in realism, but aside from parts of S3 it's not average "television."
Lol season 3 was my favorite. Season 2 there's still some stuff you need to see in order to watch season 3 imo

I like ice t on svu. Once you just accept that thats his role on the show and who the character is it gets better.

People who love Breaking Bad probably aren't going to love The Wire, it's like comparing basketball to soccer.

Breaking Bad is all about flashy immediate gratification, The Wire...Isn't.

I enjoyed both. Just prefer BB

Tbh everything after stabler era in svu has been rolling downhill. Looking forward to organized crime though.
I liked the Goren and Eames comedy duo. You MURDERED her!!! ADMIT ITTTT.

I was on a flight with some production guy on the show and he said d'Onofrio was such a headache. Always rewrote his lines.

I was like, "Does he write-in how much he leans? He's always leaning."

Loyalty-pt-1-law-order-criminal-intent-vincent-d-onofrio.jpg

I liked the Goren and Eames comedy duo. You MURDERED her!!! ADMIT ITTTT.

I was on a flight with some production guy on the show and he said d'Onofrio was such a headache. Always rewrote his lines.

I was like, "Does he write-in how much he leans? He's always leaning."

Loyalty-pt-1-law-order-criminal-intent-vincent-d-onofrio.jpg

Never really watched much of criminal intent tbh. I'm also gonna make a top of the head guess and say you didn't watch any of the bigfoot stuff I reccomended you.

Episode 6 was the best episode so far. So id say for me the previous episodes seem better in retrospect, because the characters and story are being fleshed out and the peices are coming together. Where as before watching this episode and episode 5 one through 4 are less impressive.

Won't get till episode 7 until tomorrow afternoon or so but I'll update then

If I recall, it took me four or five episodes to really get into it.

I think I watched the first one and thought "Dunno what the big deal is about". Only because of the reputation did I continue. Then I thought the second episode was a little better. Then the third a little better, and then it was either the end of the fourth or fifth where I had to immediately watch the next episode and from there it was a big binge.

If I recall, it took me four or five episodes to really get into it.

I think I watched the first one and thought "Dunno what the big deal is about". Only because of the reputation did I continue. Then I thought the second episode was a little better. Then the third a little better, and then it was either the end of the fourth or fifth where I had to immediately watch the next episode and from there it was a big binge.
That's how it was for me too. I still remember, I decided to watch a few episodes before bed, started off good but not spectacular. Around the 3rd or 4th episode i said ok one more episode, then one more episode, then called in sick the next 2 days and was halfway through season two by the 3rd day I think.

TS. its worth it, please trust me I felt the same way. Season 1 was just "ok" to me. I didnt get balls-deep invested until the middle/end season 2. Season 2 is off-putting initially to many new viewers because it takes a very brave shift in setting. Season 3 I was hooked. Season 4 I was simultaneously crying and vomiting while questioning the nature of every system in America

Back