Law 64-year-old Pedo gets caught trying to meet up with a 14-year-old, and is forced to call his wife...

From what I remember the conviction rate for the pedos that showed up on the TV show was around 85%. It's high, but watching it you would have expected it to be 100% but some of them did beat the charges. I'm guessing the deciding factor was whether the chat logs made it 100% clear the perp knew he was talking to a minor. The ones that didn't talk but got convicted anyway likely had very incriminating chat logs, i.e. they were cooked already.

In the case of vigilantes, the conviction rate is pretty much 0%. The police requires a full electronic chain of custody for the evidence. Some vigilantes do hand over the laptop and phones, with the intact hard drives, that they used to contact the predators, so in theory the police should be able to substantiate it. But in practice, the police is too lazy to do so. Outside of police sting operations, pedos will pretty much never get caught as long as they're smart enough to not confess to anything.

I don’t understand how they got him to call his wife and confess though. Makes this all a little suspicious that it might be staged

Agreed... these guys aren't law enforcement. What's to stop the "alleged" pedo from just leaving?

Far better than staying, mumbling randomly and attempting to appease in an attempt to not make the situation worse. When in reality, it can ONLY get worse.

But we're not talking about the smartest members of society though.

From what I remember the conviction rate for the pedos that showed up on the TV show was around 85%. It's high, but watching it you would have expected it to be 100% but some of them did beat the charges. I'm guessing the deciding factor was whether the chat logs made it 100% clear the perp knew he was talking to a minor. The ones that didn't talk but got convicted anyway likely had very incriminating chat logs, i.e. they were cooked already.

In the case of vigilantes, the conviction rate is pretty much 0%. The police requires a full electronic chain of custody for the evidence. Some vigilantes do hand over the laptop and phones, with the intact hard drives, that they used to contact the predators, so in theory the police should be able to substantiate it. But in practice, the police is too lazy to do so. Outside of police sting operations, pedos will pretty much never get caught as long as they're smart enough to not confess to anything.

I have no idea why this reminded of this South Park clip... Having the dedication to secure the prosecution... even bagging the evidence... :eek::eek::eek:

Back