7 Reasons You Will HATE* Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

I would like to vote for beads of sweat falling into the mouth/eyes. I can deal with broken bones etc.. BUT THAT SHIT CRAY

I'm the dude other people hate. Heaviest guy in the room, sweating like a faucet.

#11: Showing up at work covered in so many bruises people won't believe you when you tell them you're not in a relationship.

The hair drives me crazy, if I get a hair in my mouth I absolutely have to pause and get it out, I hate it.

People calling BJJ jitz is particularly annoying. One thats not on the list is the fact that no matter where on the mats you start sparring you will end up having to pause because other people sparring will crash into you. Even if the other people sparring start on the opposite side of the room.

People calling BJJ jitz is particularly annoying. One thats not on the list is the fact that no matter where on the mats you start sparring you will end up having to pause because other people sparring will crash into you. Even if the other people sparring start on the opposite side of the room.

Usually the etiquette is the junior belts move, but when they stay there and don't make an attempt to clear space, that's one thing that really irritates me.

1.Injuries
2. When a guys spit goes in your own mouth.

I don't think the second one has ever happened to me. How the hell did that happen to you?

Another one that annoys me is when you get cross faced by someone putting a lot of pressure and having a gi like sand paper.

I bruise very easily so it messes up my face if I get any kind of pressure on anyone, whether Im on top or bottom.

worst part for me is washing the GI and keeping it in one piece. I must have ripped 2 gis by now.

As a big, sweaty guy, I can say more than once I've given up position to prevent such nastiness as sweat-to-mouth and sweat-to-eye, be it to wipe or to move. That's just naaaasty </cleveland_voice>.

I really only get the BJJ superiority stereotypes on Sherdog, never in the gym, although people do make a yuckface when I tell them I used to be a blackbelt in Tang Soo Do.

My biggest pet peeve is probably the stinky gi/person thing, but since I joined my current gym it's not really ever been a problem. A close second is the "helpful" partner that wants to go over related techniques during drilling. Not a huge huge deal, but a little annoying to a rank beginner like me that's having trouble remembering even the most basic techs much less every variation from there.

Injuries. But not necessarily the injury itself, but trying to explain to someone who doesn't train how it happened.

You start telling them, then you realize they don't understand, so then you start to explain what the position looks like. When that doesn't work you start mimicking the movements for them, and then you look full retard to anyone within eyesight.

I just tell them I hyperextended or twisted it. Those are pretty much the main combination of ways you injure limbs.

I just tell them I hyperextended or twisted it. Those are pretty much the main combination of ways you injure limbs.

I work at an orthopedic surgery center. If I tried to leave it at that they would just hound me for more info. I've started just showing them youtube videos of techniques.

Back