$800,000 Settlement In Trans Bathroom Quandary

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by deadshot138, Jan 10, 2018.

1. IGotAHugePeckah

IGotAHugePeckah Green Belt

Personally, I don't care what anyone does to their body or what bathroom they use. But at the same time, this isn't simply an issue of "hey, do what you want, go be happy", because we're talking about changing laws and customs, and these can have significant effects on our society.

I've seen the civil rights = trans rights argument thrown around a lot and to me it's just lazy thinking. The changes the trans movement is advocating for are not as simple as "hey, you guys have to serve black people too now".

Kafir-kun, tonni and uppercutbus like this.
  2. peytonlucy

peytonlucy Silver Belt

There was a transgender high school case 30 miles from me where the transgender kid received a low six figure payout because the transgender person was offered use of the faculty bathroom. That most definitely wasn't good enough.

It isn't about equal rights; it's about forcing everyone to acknowledge that the lifestyle in question is every bit as valid, desirable and reasonable as the "normal" lifestyle.

3. tonni

tonni Yellow Card Yellow Card

I don't think this is a valid comparison, at all. The "something they're not" in the case of transgenders doesn't imply them being less equal than women, which was clearly the case when they used it to disparage black people.

I feel like transactivists are piggybacking on black civil rights and making analogies that don't really hold up.

A_bomb47 likes this.
  4. tonni

tonni Yellow Card Yellow Card

Indeed, what seems to be a big part of their agenda is gaining access to women's-only spaces. The ulterior motive behind that could be anything ranging from perversion to misogyny.

5. M3t4tr0n

M3t4tr0n Globalist Deep State Soros Bot

Can't wait to walk into the mens room to find a confused f2m trans taking a dump in the urinal. I'll lose my fucking mind!

6. ShadowRun

ShadowRun error Platinum Member

They should of got about 5 mil the poor emotional suffering that was done by this !!!!

7. El anciano

El anciano Green Belt

As these places get continuously sued, eventually they are going to have to give up on the discrimination

8. Bargey

Bargey Red Belt

Lawyers are the biggest con artists on the planet.

irish_thug likes this.
  9. IDL

IDL Gold Belt

It isn't even about transgender people either. They are being used as pawns by political and ideological forces.

10. IGotAHugePeckah

IGotAHugePeckah Green Belt

Yeah, and we have laws now where if you refer to someone by the wrong pronouns you're fucked, so this whole thing does have serious repercussions for everyone.

When I see that guy who got millions in plastic surgery to look like a Ken doll, I say good for him. Do what you want. Pursue your own happiness. God bless. But that guy didn't ask for special privileges, he didn't spearhead laws where you had to refer to him as a doll or you get heavily fined or brought up on hate crimes. He's not asking to go and shit in the woman's bathroom.

11. xcvbn

xcvbn Silver Belt Platinum Member

Wow, LGBT rights is in no fucking way comparable to the Civil Rights movement.

irish_thug and uppercutbus like this.
  12. Liquid Smoke

Liquid Smoke Great artists steal™

The whole reason for gender segregated, separate but equal bathrooms is to make people feel comfortable. The tolerant left has once again prioritized the comfort of one group over another by totalitarian force.

irish_thug and uppercutbus like this.
  13. The Diplomat

The Diplomat Peace Among Worlds

Gay marriage is legal and we've sorta crossed that hurdle as a nation. Now arguing over transexuals using bathrooms is akin to lynchings and church bombings due to skin color.

One of those examples of Joe Biden being right about America being in it's own way sometimes.

14. Liquid Smoke

@Falsedawn has no answer for this question.

15. luckyshot

luckyshot VP of the ENTIRE WR

Disagree.

Agree.

16. MMAViewer

MMAViewer Brown Belt

The problem here was the wrist band and bathroom monitoring as much as anything else.
    Let me dumb it down for you republicans a little.
    It would be like putting a hat on a Trump supporter that says " im an ignorant parrot" and then following them around to monitor their shitting patterns.

17. The Diplomat

The Diplomat Peace Among Worlds

To be clear, I don't think a tranny bathroom issue is comparable to church bombings or lynchings from the 1950's. These people have always had the same legal rights as everyone else, they can vote, they can run for political office, it's actually illegal to discriminate under business law. And they encompass maybe .6% of the adult population in the United States.

But on the other hand, I think things were fine before the Republicans decided to make it an issue in Georgia and here in NC. Men dressing up in wigs and going to a woman's bathroom to prey on children was not an epidemic - it may happen, but there are idiots and sick people in every corner of every spectrum. It didn't become an actual issue until they decided to argue the case in congress and pass certain laws. THEN you have our entertainment industries going to shit and our economy suffering. Now it's leading to *cough* civil rights discussions comparable to legitimate causes in history.

It's all a cluster fuck, and one side started it but the other is just as reactionary. It'd be nice to just go back a few years and ignore the issue completely.

I do find certain, hypothetical scenarios funny though. Say we let a pre-op girl who is transitioning into a boy, go to a bathroom with nothing but urinals. What's going to happen?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  18. Renard

Renard Brown Belt

It reminds me of hall passes. The only way to make sure you weren't going to be bothered by staff was to have a hall pass to show. They did the same thing here, the bracelet was a signal for staff to know not to bother the student when she went in the wrong bathroom. Her school has 1500 people. I went to a high school with 2000 students and it's a fair guess that none of the staff would individually recognize you. And they weren't following her around, she claims simply having the bracelet was "monitoring". Like anyone gave a shit what her stupid ass was doing.

19. Falsedawn

Falsedawn destroy Platinum Member

Not worthy of a response.

U mad bro?

20. Liquid Smoke

Not in least. You have no evidence of your claim just like I predicted.