82% of the Wealth Generated in 2017 Went to the Richest 1%

Text based forums are often posted from phones and using grammatical shortcuts is fine. Attacking ones grammar because you can’t come up with any legitimate arguments is quite sad.

Anyways tax inequality finally being recognized by our leaders and starting to be addressed. This is why tax reform passed. You know if you actually put effort into building wealth instead of crying about others having money it would lead to much more success for you.
Depends how you define success. I currently make 70k a year. Not rich, not poor. I'm fine with that.

I'd rather live in a society that recognizes healthcare as a basic human right than one where I can save a couple of bucks a year in taxes.

Also, it was you who chose to respond to my grammatical barb rather than the more substantive point in that same post. I'll give you another shot:
Weird, I thought America was founded on ideas such as liberty, free speech, freedom of religion, due process of law, freedom of assembly, and balance of powers.

I didn't realize it was founded in order to perpetuate corporatism and oligarchy.

Last edited:
I make 70k a year. Not rich, not poor. I'm fine with that.

I'd rather live in a society that recognizes healthcare as a basic human right than one where I can save a couple of bucks a year in taxes.

Healthcare is a privilege. It is a service provided by others

i think it's easier to look at only first world/developed nations, but the numbers there are still horrible

I mean what do you think the average income is for the entirety of Africa? Central and S. America? SE Asia? India and rural China?

Mexico isn't really that bad compared to true 'emerging markets' and when you cross from San Ysidro to Tijuana or El Paso to Juarez it's a marked and staggering difference.

Also i don't see this issue changing, even in the Western first world. You need money to make money, if the majority doesn't own jack and shit (a supremely high portion of 401k accounts in the US currently have loans out against them, for example.....) how exactly is that going to change w/o some forced redistribution?

And i'm sure many of you would love that, but unless you start funding campaigns good luck w/ that

Clean water is a service provided by others. Should that be a privilege? lol

We should charge people 20 bucks per bath and charge school kids everytime they drink from the fountain

Of course money makes money. You have to get the money in the first place though. I’m not even going to read this warped left wing study fueled by ignorance and jealousy but this looks like it takes into account everyone. Even African countries and other places that have took themselves down into poverty.

Most regular folk need money to get those top 1% to create money out of thin air, to loan to regular folk, who in turn pay back top 1% with interest, in order to be able to make money.

main-qimg-a09b4bb42f107f197d72dfefee27fd55

I'm be totally fine w/ UHC as a regular 'right' standard of living if the average American was built like me (roughly Nate Diaz at LW size, or perhaps George Roop). The problem is, they aren't and people are STILL living longer w/ means prolonged extended costs.....

We have to be one of the few 1st world nations in the world that routinely has fat poor people (barring like Nauru which is extremely poor), and malnourished ones at that too. Also, who tends to smoke in the US? not the wealthy/those that pay for their own insurance.....

The government and its politicians are the 1%.

If you don't believe in "trickle down" that means you don't think they deserve so much taxes in their wallets and coffers from people poorer than themselves.

Them demanding even more money throughout the years hasn't helped anyone except them and their buddies, the charts show it. Unless you somehow still believe in "trickle-down" from the government.

Just because other places do something doesn’t make it right. What is a human right exactly? Why does every person deserve healthcare? Why should you punish a small segment of the population to reward others?

You know what is a human right? Not being stolen from.

I work in healthcare(RN, EMT-P, FNP In 11 months). I dedicate my life to healthcare and one of our biggest issues is too much access. EMTALA and Medicaid are destroying our nation and you want to extend care?

Just because other places do something doesn’t make it right. What is a human right exactly? Why does every person deserve healthcare? Why should you punish a small segment of the population to reward others?

You know what is a human right? Not being stolen from.

I work in healthcare(RN, EMT-P, FNP In 11 months). I dedicate my life to healthcare and one of our biggest issues is too much access. EMTALA and Medicaid are destroying our nation and you want to extend care?
Medicaid is a menace to society. I am hoping for massive cuts this year.
Lol, please complete the caricature and tell me about how America must return to her "Judeo-Christian values"...

37e292b127d09d4d496f50379824d490.jpg

Making a hard run at shitposter of the month I see .
A HARD run.

if the US started subsidizing HC for everyone or even made it fully universal, what would honestly happen to the R&D companies and all the innovations we make here medically?

also, Big Pharma just allows this? and if they do, they continue to develop new and cheaper medications just b/c they feel generous? would more and more talented say surgeons gravitate more towards plastic/elective surgery that I presume wouldn't be paid for, diminishing the talent pool? these are all serious questions, and I wish our situation wasn't the way it is, but unfortunately it is. They finance campaigns, we don't.....

Others will assuredly disagree, and that's fine, but the same thing that prevents us from generally doing this (extremely high DoD costs coupled w/ relatively low taxes) are the exact opposite situations in these others countries and arguably what allows it. Peep the defense costs and then the taxes of the Scandinavian countries, Germany, or Canada. Shit, they better have provided health care. The VAT alone in europe is absolutely egregious, income is even worse

Lol, please complete the caricature and tell me about how America must return to her "Judeo-Christian values"...

37e292b127d09d4d496f50379824d490.jpg

A HARD run.

America is a secular nation. The constitution is based on The Spirit of the Laws written by an Atheist. I am a militant Atheist so try again.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You don’t know shit about Medicaid.

So lets say we get rid of medicaid. Who pays for the elderly in nursing homes? What do poor people do when they get sick almighty one?

Back