91 Year-Old Bodybuilder (and Judoka)

Seriously, he could have just been one of those old people who lay down and die. Who blame all of their health issues on 'old age.'

I like this guys style, I refuse to spend the latter years of my life bed ridden or in a wheel chair/walker.

There have been MANY studies which show with nearly universal results that exercise is always beneficial (so long as it's done right, of course). It's been shown to reduce muscle breakdown even in 80 year old women, and even slowed or stopped bone decay as well. What's remarkable about this guy however is that he didn't just slow or stop the decay, he actually reversed it in some ways.

Seriously, he could have just been one of those old people who lay down and die. Who blame all of their health issues on 'old age.'

I like this guys style, I refuse to spend the latter years of my life bed ridden or in a wheel chair/walker.

i am the same way as long as i have a body i will use it. its stupid not too, just because your 70 does not mean you have the right to sit down all day and complain.

I love that in addition to weight training, he took up Judo to learn how to fall. How awesome is that?

That reminds me of a story my Coach told me. He versed an old Judoka and got thrown (fifty to seventy, don't remember sorry)

The awesomeness of this man only amplifies my hatred of his piss-reeking malcontent contemporaries, whom I have long advocated should be herded up and ground down for fertilizer.

The guy is inspiring but he is also extremely lucky; the vast majority of people die or are immobile well before that due to no fault of their own. The guy who wrote the best seller "Unbroken" is 93 and was running 6min miles in his 70's but my mom has been confined to a wheel chair with MS starting at age 50. My wife contracted stage 4 cancer at age 35. Luck plays a huge part of this so that makes it so much more important that a person so lucky does something with it.

Some guy carrying around his special son around in triathalons....not inspiring to me....

now this...this is inspiring, he's staying alive fighting back...making himself better because he has to and must take action

....that other guy who does the triathalons can be said to be try hard and just doing it because he wants to do it the hard way, he can really choose to just actually be competitive but No he doesn't do it this way, instead his son allows himself to hold back his father

I was dying to say

I never plan to stop improving my conditioning. This is just another example of why.

Awesome article.

amazing longevity. most bodybuilders die in the thirties. of AIDS. because they're gay.

Good for him, then theres 35 year olds with the nerve to claim they cant avoid being fat because they're getting old.

I'll say this if I'm 91 and can't fuck, then fuck it what's the point. Use it or lose it.

Back