A classmate of mine was murdered on campus today

Sivo The Ram

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Definitely not a typical school day today. My professor kinda nonchalantly informed us of the situation. She said "I hate to start the day off like this but for those that don't know one of your classmates was murdered this morning. My apologies if any of you were friends with him. well on a more positive note lets start class." And thats kinda all she said. It's an organic chemistry lecture with about 300-400 of us in it so I didn't even recognize him when i saw his picture. They said his roommate stabbed him to death this morning then went back to sleep, woke up and calmly told people that he murdered someone. Called the police on himself and waited to be arrested. A lot of people have made comments speaking on how nice and intelligent the victim was. Sounds like he was a good guy with a really bright future a head. just a sad situation. The suspect i think is an international student from china.

here's a NBC link on the story for those interested:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...oommate-was-killed-residence-hall-o-rcna50789

Well that sucks.

R.I.P.

Seems like he was Korean not Chinese and he actually called the police himself.

Story reads like Korean was probably trying to study and his roommate was gaming too loudly. Either that or they were both gaming and his roommate tea bagged his video game body and the roommate snapped. Either sounds plausible.

That sucks. That's shit luck, being stuck with the one lunatic who will murder you over.... whatever.

So, TS, how old were you when you joined Sherdog? 10? 12?

Have I been bickering with 12 year olds this whole time?

<23>

So..... everyone gets an A right?

That sucks. That's shit luck, being stuck with the one lunatic who will murder you over.... whatever.

So, TS, how old were you when you joined Sherdog? 10? 12?

Have I been bickering with 12 year olds this whole time?

<23>
im in my late 20's. so yeah i was a shithead teenager when i first joined lol

They don’t shut down the school for a few days? Guess they really don’t care man. Sorry to hear.
yeah people were upset. the school president sent an email at like 7 this morning (which i never check when i first wake up) so its not like they didnt know before classes started. the teacher was really chill about it too. makes you wonder if they told them to try not to make a big deal out of it so as to not cause panic? we had a couple suicides last year too and they never cancelled classes either which got people mad.

From the article linked:
Arunabh Sinha, a childhood friend of Chheda’s, told NBC News that Chheda had been gaming and talking with friends online through Discord on Tuesday night when they suddenly heard screaming on the call.

Damn. His friends heard him getting stabbed. That's brutal.

yeah people were upset. the school president sent an email at like 7 this morning (which i never check when i first wake up) so its not like they didnt know before classes started. the teacher was really chill about it too. makes you wonder if they told them to try not to make a big deal out of it so as to not cause panic? we had a couple suicides last year too and they never cancelled classes either which got people mad.
I guess some schools care and some don’t. I remember going to my Astro physics class on the morning of 9/11 thinking they would cancel classes or at least let us out early . Not only did they not cancel classes they even gave us a pop quiz that day. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Definitely not a typical school day today. My professor kinda nonchalantly informed us of the situation. She said "I hate to start the day off like this but for those that don't know one of your classmates was murdered this morning. My apologies if any of you were friends with him. well on a more positive note lets start class." And thats kinda all she said. It's an organic chemistry lecture with about 300-400 of us in it so I didn't even recognize him when i saw his picture. They said his roommate stabbed him to death this morning then went back to sleep, woke up and calmly told people that he murdered someone. Called the police on himself and waited to be arrested. A lot of people have made comments speaking on how nice and intelligent the victim was. Sounds like he was a good guy with a really bright future a head. just a sad situation. The suspect i think is an international student from china.

here's a NBC link on the story for those interested:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...oommate-was-killed-residence-hall-o-rcna50789
My professor had the same reaction on 9/11.

looks like Ji stabbed Varun for gaming too loud. Korean nationals are not like the typical Asians

I guess some schools care and some don’t. I remember going to my Astro physics class on the morning of 9/11 thinking they would cancel classes or at least let us out early . Not only did they not cancel classes they even gave us a pop quiz that day. What the fuck is wrong with people?

You took astrophysics?

He should have spin kicked someone. Murder is never an option at school.

Back