Movies A Few Questions About Back To The Future

MLarson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
When They asked the train conductor in BttF 3 how fast the train went he said 90 m.p.h. did the have the concept of MPH back then?

Why didn't any one notice Marty's girlfriend looked different in next movie?

Why didn't Marty's parents notice he looks like Calvin Kline from all those years earlier?

If there's a Biff in the past and grandson of his in the future shouldn't there be another Biff Marty's age?

And why does Marty hang around Doc Brown in the first place? He isn't some nerd who can't make friends.

The serious questions of the Back to the Future multiverse

b497a5591b52ea317e8f4313d5075d54.gif

When They asked the train conductor in BttF 3 how fast the train went he said 90 m.p.h. did the have the concept of MPH back then?

Why didn't Marty's parents notice he looks like Calvin Kline from all those years earlier?

If there's a Biff in the past and grandson of his in the future shouldn't there be another Biff Marty's age?

And why does Marty hang around Doc Brown in the first place? He isn't some nerd who can't make friends.

I always got the impression that his parents eventually realized that Marty was Calvin and went back in time somehow. Marty kept his memories when he got back to the "fixed" universe at the end of 1. So did everyone else keep somewhat of theirs?

My question was always why wasnt there another Marty when he got back? There shouldve been. But I guess BTTF isnt a multiverse type of time travel film so everything merges.

Although there were 2 docs. There has to be another Marty running around.

Okay I'll bite:

The notion of measuring speed as a measure of "distance-per-time" goes back to the 1600s.

Because alphas like Marty and Doc don't pay that much attention to women

Without a photograph to keep the memory fresh it's hard to remember what someone looks like. Also they've Marty only started looking like Calvin in his teens, and by then he would have been seen only as Marty to his parents.

Probably in Jail, or Grandpa Biff killed him.

Marty is in a band, and has a smokin girlfriend, he's popular enough.

The power of love is a curious thing
Make a one man weep, make another man sing

So did Doc make Marty weep or the other way round?

One point someone made which I think is a good one - Biff was pretty much going to rape Martys Mother in the car until George KOs him. Yet 30 years later he is on their property washing the cars!?

Still a classic and one on off my favourite movies of all time though.

One point someone made which I think is a good one - Biff was pretty much going to rape Martys Mother in the car until George KOs him. Yet 30 years later he is on their property washing the cars!?

Yeah, but at the end of the first movie they acknowledge that they owe Biff for them getting together in the first place, so they’re probably like, yeah, we’ll let this guy wax our cars. Also, I mean if he gets all grabby with Loraine then George can just knock his ass out again.

Google says MPH has been used since the 18th century.

Time ripple caused a small change in her physical appearance and everyone’s memories of her appearance.

Memories are extremely fuzzy for most people.

Middle Biff could be a daughter or illegitimate son.

Bullied kids spend time alone or with other bullied kids or teachers/mentors who understand them.

Boys will be boys. Things happening in the 50’s doesn’t translate the same to 80’s. Just like things in the 80’s don’t translate the same now.

Back