A few reasons why McGregor's claim of fighting Edgar makes no sense.

Show me a list of pro athletes willing to take a pay cut when asked
Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Tom Brady, and I could go on.. both took pay cuts to bring better talent onto their teams, and to stay on the team they were on at the time.

Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Tom Brady, and I could go on.. both took pay cuts to bring better talent onto their teams, and to stay on the team they were on at the time.

Yea athletes on their decline already been over this

Guy is a clown.

Weight class?

Well I guess Frankie could have just stopped thinking about cutting weight and instead had the fight at 155lbs, but on 1-2 weeks notice I cannot see Conor McGregor cutting 15-20lbs to "save the day".

Title fight or nah?

So Frankie is about to fight for the 145lb Featherweight belt, has Max drop out on him, and now he's going to fight Conor McGregor (the 155lb Lightweight belt holder) in a non-title fight!? Because I'm pretty damn sure that Conor was not going to defend that title against Frankie fucking Edgar at 2 weeks notice lol. ESPECIALLY, when you have a fully-fledged interim-champion waiting in the wings.

The money?

Supposedly the UFC told Conor that they didn't have enough time to promote the fight to justify his pay lol. Wow, so you are going to fight a man that you would dwarf in size (as usual he's insecure about fighting people his frame), and yet you won't take a small pay-cut? You don't even have to risk your title, and you want to play money games? All just a big fat excuse not to fight in my opinion.

This guy literally has kept his mouth wired shut about Nurmagomedov and Ferguson, yet he's chasing 3 year old rivalries on 2 weeks notice. Dude is a fraud.

How do you know it’s a small pay cut he is being asked to take ?

I believe Connor asked to take the fight , hes shown before that he doesnt mind taking high risk fights even at short notice .

Also think it’s possible he knew the UFC wouldn’t let him fight and was kind of bluffing .

Yea athletes on their decline already been over this
Garnett was on his decline when he went to Golden State? Tom Brady was on a decline when they played the Raiders during the tuck rule incident? Kobe was on the decline when Shaq came over? No kiddo, simmer down with more bs.. especially with the you went over it already.. you and I never discussed this. You casual types love to make shit up.

Wait til conor spends all his money. Broke Conor may be the most dangerous fighter ever. Even above sea level cain and hallway mur.

Wait til conor spends all his money. Broke Conor may be the most dangerous fighter ever. Even above sea level cain and hallway mur.
giphy.gif

Your Imagination is soooo very far off. I have sat and watched ufc fights WITH Multiple ufc fighters and one a ufc champ to be(ALL were sober at the time). I have rolled with ufc fighters(before they got a contract,Yes I got my azz handed to me....so? ). Nuff said on that......... Coke Heads... don't even get me started........ You want to Cover for Conor.... thats ok.. And Your WRONG.. I would bet money HE IS A COKEHEAD......Anyone with any discernment can see it easily... ala Dana coked up with monkey mouth all the time.

Is this the part where you try to tell a story and expect to be believed on the internet without providing any kind of evidence?

Don't waste your time dummy. Your opinion is useless, you've never even smelled a martial artist.

Is this the part where you try to tell a story and expect to be believed on the internet without providing any kind of evidence?

Don't waste your time dummy. Your opinion is useless, you've never even smelled a martial artist.

lol...keep hallucinating... I Know ...You Imagine.. There is a difference. Keep trying to get me to Prove myself........rotflmao

why would he lie about shit? fuckin sherdog.

lol...keep hallucinating... I Know ...You Imagine.. There is a difference. Keep trying to get me to Prove myself........rotflmao

I'm not trying to get you to prove yourself, if anything posting facts about yourself online would be a further step down the highway of stupidity.

Did you really think that's what's happening? My fucking god. Don't hurt yourself.

Don't buy the whole "UFC can't promote it enough for it to be profitable enough to pay Conor angle." They could barely drop money into promoting it and Conor would pull 1 mill PPV - more than enough to pay him what he wants. Most likely this is Conor just trying to keep his name out there.

sorry curry didn't take any pay cut.

Thought he did, but LeBron and Durant certainly did. Pretty sure Curry didn't get the max he could have to make cap room for Durant. Could be wrong though. Either way, it's not unprecedented.

na cause ufc gota huge part of conor money so it was a win win win win for ufc

It’s not a win at this point when he is holding out for so much money and he is not active. They were making a lot more in the UFC fighting three or four times a year than off one boxing match they did not even get to Solely promote.

McGregor is trying to stay relevant without fighting and you are only helping his cause with this thread TS.

Conor has dug his own grave with these comments because if either Khabib or Tony pull out then everyone is gonna be asking him to step in, and of course he will not do it, he doesn't want anything to do with either of them.

Plus the chances of Khabib or Tony puilling out is high and they already booked this fight 4 times before and it never happened. This may come back to haunt Conor, he is gonna be more silent than ever.

Even his loyal hardcore fans will wonder why he said he will step in to fight Edgar on short notice, but will be silent as a Owl if Khabib or Tony pulls out. Mark my words.. this will come back to him in a bad way

Thought he did, but LeBron and Durant certainly did. Pretty sure Curry didn't get the max he could have to make cap room for Durant. Could be wrong though. Either way, it's not unprecedented.

when he signed his first contract 4 years at 44 mill it was before he went on the mvp run. now he signed a max deal with warriors.

It’s not a win at this point when he is holding out for so much money and he is not active. They were making a lot more in the UFC fighting three or four times a year than off one boxing match they did not even get to Solely promote.

ufc did just fine from the event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back