A fight to get down to a weight to fight, what?

grrthetree

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So I'm making a diet log because I need to quit eating like shit, pretty much. I'll start with stats I guess.

I'm about 6'2" and recently I've been averaging a weight of 200-205. During XC season I weighed about 195. Since XC I haven't ran as much, and have been training MMA and Muay Thai almost daily.

My goal is to eat more lean protein, eat a little bit more good fats, and eat just enough carbs to get me by.

I plan on eating more chicken, having more protein supplements, and adding other sources of protein that are low carb.

I will add fats to my diet with mixed nuts, especially peanuts and cashews, and butter. I will find and add more sources of fat later.

Most of my carbs should be coming from fruits, and the rest will be from things such as milk from protein shakes. I will not be eating any food with the sole intention of getting carbohydrates from it.

I am very carb-sensitive, despite the fact that I am a semi-endurance athlete., so that's why I am limiting the amount of carbs I take in by a lot.

So here goes, I will officially start the weight loss program tomorrow, December 14th, by weighing myself when I wake up to get an official starting weight, and I will only weigh myself in the mornings to get accurate weights.

Wish me luck?

So how come you don't like veggies? I used to hate them, too, but once I got a taste for them I can easily eat them as is.

Broccoli, spinach, red pepper, mushrooms, and celery are my favourites (although the latter is pretty much just crunchy water). I'm not going to "judge" you for not liking veggies -- they really seem to be an acquired taste for a lot of people.

I don't really not like veggies, I just don't eat that many of them. I like carrots, and thats about it. I'm sure I could stomach more veggies, but I'll cross that bridge when I feel like it.

So monday 12/14 was my first day of "diet". really its just me limiting the amount of carbs I take in, and having practically none at night. I don't exactly remember what I ate, but I will try to log from now on. This is what I ate I think

Breakfast-
protein shake
handful of grapes
nature valley random nut bar. I love nuts.
apple

lunch
4 chicken nuggets
2 breaded chicken breast patties
grapes

another one of those bars as a snack

dinner (like 9pm after muay thai)
protein shake
fruit?
chicken

Today: already starting to slip up, thanks mom.

breakfast

toasted and buttered piece of raisin bread
apple
4 pieces of turkey bacon

lunch
2 breaded chicken breast patties
grapes

2 hours later a protein shake

so me and my gf were hanging out at my house when my mom came home from the store, and she bought chewy bars. Yeah chewy bars, the ones that are fucking delicious. I had like 6 throughout the night.

dinner
chicken breast double wrapped in bacon
kashi peanut bar (actually good for you, I hope)

Back