Crime A heavily armed man was found dead at a Colorado amusement park. He may have been planning a devasta

LeonardoBjj

Professional Wrestler
@Brown
Reaction score
By Raja Razek and Jamiel Lynch, CNN

CNN — A man armed with guns and explosive devices was found dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound at a Colorado amusement park, potentially averting “an attack of devastating proportions,” officials said.
85986ae941d37a679c528111700399ea.jpg

The 20-year-old’s body was found in a women’s bathroom Saturday morning before the scheduled opening time of the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park in Glenwood Springs, the Garfield County Sheriff’s Office said. It appears he entered the park illegally after it had last closed.

He was “armed with a semi-automatic rifle and semi-automatic handgun and multiple, loaded magazines for both weapons,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement. “He was wearing body armor and what appeared to be a ballistic helmet. Additionally multiple improvised explosive devices, (IEDs), were discovered with the suspect and in a vehicle associated with the suspect.”

hq720.jpg

We are, to say the least, extremely lucky that he did not fulfill whatever plan he may have intentioned,” Garfield County Sheriff Lou Vallario said during a news conference Monday. “It could have caused a devastating impact on this community, potential for many, many people to be killed and injured.”

The discovery of the man – identified as Diego Barajas Medina of Carbondale, Colorado, by the Garfield County Coroner’s Office – came three days after a shooting rampage in Maine that left 18 people dead became the deadliest of more than 580 mass shootings this year in the United States.

A note on the wall of the bathroom where Medina was found read, “I am not a killer. I just wanted to get into the caves,” Vallario said, noting investigators aren’t certain it’s tied to Medina, though there’s “reasonable suspicion” it is.

batman-kick.jpg

“The scene investigation and the forensic autopsy suggest that the decedent died by suicide and the coroner’s office is investigating the manner of death as a suicide,” the coroner’s office said in a statement.

Medina lived with his mother and brother, and investigators have been talking with them and searching the home to learn more about a possible motive, authorities said.

“We don’t see any history, we don’t see any reason, we don’t see any motive. He was just completely under the radar, Vallario said. “To the best of my knowledge at this point … there was nothing to indicate any type of warning, or any type of concern on the part of family, friends, school, what have you.”

d28k0i3-d82874b4-17da-4730-90c8-446c1a2ae066.jpg

At least two weapons Medina had were ghost guns, Vallario said. Ghost guns are kits that a user can buy online to assemble a fully functional firearm. They have no serial numbers, do not require background checks and provide no transfer records for easy traceability.

Investigators also found a “very well-put-together” fake IED in Medina’s car, in addition to a real explosive device, Vallario said. Patches affiliated with law enforcement groups were found, the sheriff said, but investigators don’t know how Medina got them.

With the volume of weapons, ammunition and explosive devices Medina had, he “could have done a tremendous amount of damage,” the sheriff said.

Glenwood Caverns, about 160 miles west of Denver, is on atop a mountain and only accessible via a five-minute ride in a gondola.
best-ever-lego-amusement-park-update-youtube-thumbnail.jpg

“If he had (gone) through with … the worst-case scenario, it could have been devastating for no other reason (than) just trying to get aid and help and the number of first responders up there, let alone get victims down the mountain,” Vallario said.”

The park has been closed since Medina’s body was found.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/31/us/colorado-amusement-park-armed-man-dead/index.html

insane.
Would/will be interesting if they find anything to indicate his plan or what he was up too

insane.
Would/will be interesting if they find anything to indicate his plan or what he was up too
A note on the wall of the bathroom where Medina was found read, “I am not a killer. I just wanted to get into the caves,” Vallario said, noting investigators aren’t certain it’s tied to Medina, though there’s “reasonable suspicion” it is.

Must be some special caves.

Must be some special caves.

Yeah, hard for me to completely make the link when they havnt yet.
Like, what, is the entrance to narnia in the fucking caves or something

Heard about this yesterday. Crazy stuff. The whole caves thing is curious, though. Anybody know what the suicide note was referring too? Is this like a Pizzagate thing, where some incel thinks he is going to save kids, or something?

Yeah, hard for me to completely make the link when they havnt yet.
Like, what, is the entrance to narnia in the fucking caves or something
Land of the Lost

Heard about this yesterday. Crazy stuff. The whole caves thing is curious, though. Anybody know what the suicide note was referring too? Is this like a Pizzagate thing, where some incel thinks he is going to save kids, or something?

If I wore a tinfoil hat I would say he recognized he was losing to some kind of programing and removed himself as a threat to innocents in an act of defiance...

If I didn't wear a tinfoil hat I'd say he was crazy and wanted to be remebered, but not in a terrible mass murdering way.

So it’s on top of a mountain, fall temps, in Colorado, why would anyone visit this place this time of year? Halloween shit?

Sounds like he had a moment of clarity and realised what he was doing.

So sad… So many young people are just broken emotionally

A friend of mine is dealing with a 20 year old daughter who… well, she seems to have the emotional stability of a toddler.

She refuses to move, get a decent job or even go to school. Won’t cook, has all food delivered…

When they have disagreements… she’ll literally end up on the floor, throwing a tantrum. My friend sometimes laugh, because it’s so ridiculous… which makes it worse. Then her daughter will go on hours long unhinged tirades, berating her for being a terrible mom. How does something get like this?

My friend is at her wits end…

So sad… So many young people are just broken emotionally

A friend of mine is dealing with a 20 year old daughter who… well, she seems to have the emotional stability of a toddler.

She refuses to move, get a decent job or even go to school. Won’t cook, has all food delivered…

When they have disagreements… she’ll literally end up on the floor, throwing a tantrum. My friend sometimes laugh, because it’s so ridiculous… which makes it worse. Then her daughter will go on hours long unhinged tirades, berating her for being a terrible mom. How does something get like this?

My friend is at her wits end…
If any kid is acting that way chances are quite high that the parents are responsible for that behaviour.

Remember every time there's a mass shooter who kills themselves afterwards, the popular sentiment is "Why don't they just kill themselves first?" Well, this kid did. It must have been a horrific mental struggle to have that moment of clarity but still be unable to just walk away completely.

Last edited:
If any kid is acting that way chances are quite high that the parents are responsible for that behaviour.

To an extent possibly, but working in welfare I'm seeing a few kids coming in who I'd kind of class as the covid generation who seem less developed emotionally. You've got to consider these kids were cut off from the usual contact we all had at a crucial point of their development.

To an extent possibly, but working in welfare I'm seeing a few kids coming in who I'd kind of class as the covid generation who seem less developed emotionally. You've got to consider these kids were cut off from the usual contact we all had at a crucial point of their development.
Of course, generation covid is different. I'm working with kids in the range of 1,5 -7 years myself and see the differences daily also demography, education etc. Some kids are already fucked with only 3 years of age.

Mentioned daughter acting that way was 20 tho.

Of course, generation covid is different. I'm working with kids in the range of 1,5 -7 years myself and see the differences daily also demography, education etc. Some kids are already fucked with only 3 years of age.

Mentioned daughter acting that way was 20 tho.

Yeah, but if she's 20 now then she would have been about 16/17 during covid. To me that's a pretty crucial age where you're meant to go out into the world and learn to be an adult.

It's kids who are 18-21 now that I'm finding have massive confidence problems and I have to spend months building some of these kids up to get them ready to go out and get an actual job.

Back