A.J. McKee will be a UFC Champion one day...

DoubleA012

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
True or False?

For those who might not know who he is:
A.J. McKee is 18-0, 25 years old, 5'10 and fights at 145lbs w/ a 73.5in reach. He is the son of Antonio McKee who is a professional fighter himself with a pro record of 30-6-2. A.J. had an amateur record of 7-1 (his one loss coming via 8 second KO in his 4th fight) before turning pro. He has fought all 18 of his professional fights for Bellator. He has finished 12 fights (6 via Sub and 6 via KO/TKO). He currently holds three records; One for Most Submissions in Bellator FW history, one for Most Stoppages in Bellator FW History and one for the Most Consecutive Victories in Bellator's MMA history. He just won via first round submission over Patrício 'Pitbull' Freire last night (7/31/2021) in the Finals of the Bellator Featherweight Grand Prix. He took home the Grand Prix Title, the Featherweight World Title, $1 Million Dollars and beat who many consider the greatest Bellator fighter of all time. At only 26 years old he is already very well rounded and seems to have a lot more potential to unlock.

A41I7237.jpg

*Edit: This is me bumping up this post I made on Nov. 20th after he beat Darrion Caldwell via first round submission and advanced to the Grand Prix Final. I have update the statistics to reflect his win last night and bring this topic up again. What does everyone think now? Have your opinions changed at all from before?

Last edited:
I like this dude that submission was very impressive but I don't know.

As if Bellator would let him go. If they do, that would only be because he didn't live up to the expectation and therefore he wouldn't be the UFC champ either

True or False?

For those who might not know who he is:
A.J. McKee is 17-0, 25 years old, 5'10 and fights at 145lbs w/ a 73.5in reach. He is the son of Antonio McKee who is a professional fighter himself with a pro record of 30-6-2. A.J. had an amateur record of 7-1 (his one loss coming via 8 second KO in his 4th fight) before turning pro. He has fought all 17 of his professional fights for Bellator. He has finished 12 fights (6 via Sub and 6 via KO/TKO). He currently holds three records; One for Most Submissions in Bellator FW history, one for Most Stoppages in Bellator FW History and one for the Most Consecutive Victories in Bellator's MMA history. He just won via first round submission last night (11/19/20) to advance to the finals of the Bellator Featherweight Grand Prix where there is a good chance he will face Patricio 'Pitbull' Freire (assuming 'Pitbull' beats Emmanuel Sanchez). At only 25 years old he is already very well rounded and seems to have a lot more potential to unlock.

d8394-15375890907168-800.jpg
His submission was very impressive but other than that I wasn't impressed. He's still 25 tho so a bright future ahead just not it now imo.

Hope so. Would love to see him in the UFC.

I mean it's a good thread in the sense of I told you so's but you're not allowed to change your mind if Pitbull knocks him out in 10 seconds.. you'll be sentenced to forever commenting on every FW thread about McKee being so young and having so much potential

You're crazy if you think McKee wouldn't ever go to the UFC I bet someday he does

Depends on when he gets out of bellator. I'm excited this farce of a tournament is almost over and AJ vs pitbull the only fight that mattered is at most a year away. That fight will tell us alot.

I mean it's a good thread in the sense of I told you so's but you're not allowed to change your mind if Pitbull knocks him out in 10 seconds.. you'll be sentenced to forever commenting on every FW thread about McKee being so young and having so much potential
People still think chandler will be ufc champion. AJ is younger and can come back from that easily.

Back