A Little Bit Of Lethwei

Yeah, it is common to get push back from hardcore fans. I mean fans in this forum get pissed off all the time, like when non-Top muay thai guys (like Kevin Ross) go on JRE podcast and talk like he is the best eva when he is not even the best foreign fighters in his weight class, then says he got robbed against Saenchai (same with Liam) etc.

It is kind of like

Seems more like people with knowledge reading through the BS than hate to me. I mean, the guy is calling himself "The King of Lethwei"...

but IDK is it that exagerated?
He did beat a couple of Lethwei GOATS did he not?

Nothing more idiotic than getting knocked out and resume in a fight with headbutts immediately after. These guys have to be experiencing the worst head trauma out of any sport out there.
Don't be a pussy if you want to be a fighter.

Lethwei is so brawling.
Trust me there is very different in gloved hand and no- gloved hand.I saw Lethwei match and heard bone crashing song all the time.Some pussy point fighter will be shit by scary.

the quality of the fighters is lackluster. most of these guys would be finished by mid-tier thai and dutch fighters regardless that they have more weapons to use and less rules
I don't think so. Iquezang was k.o by soe Lin oo.There is big different without gloves and no point system.I never saw Iquezang face just like that.

they could give them some adrenaline shots so the only way to ko one is literally kills him.
And add some small rabid dogs in the ring , biting the legs of the fighters
Don't be a pussy.You watching some shit gloving point system match.

You speak about zaw tum, i dont know if i write his name correctly.

But i remember him when he fought a friend of me Dimitri Masson, i see a fighter who have big heart and are not afraid to take a shot with this kind of gloves.

He also do a strong fight versus Youssef BOUGHANEM, and both of this guy told me that Zaw Tum are very stong but not so technical.

It is a cons in Kard chuek or Lethwei rules ? Dont think so...

Im really interested about Letwhei scene, if someone is ready to do a thread with generalist information, like rules, organisation, purses, stars etc..i will be very happy ahah
Yes his name is Zaw Tun at Thai fight and Tun Tun Min at Lethwei fight.Most Lethwei fighter will be stronger than other gloving point fighter because they train to knockout his opponent and not get knockout according to Lethwei rule.
Most people don't know about Lethwei because of myanmar. Myanmar was controlled by military government about seven decades and not connect with world that long time.
Lethwei rule are most toughest now.
1 .No gloves ( just wrapping the bandages)
2.No point system( Just K.O to win)
There need little explain.Most people said Lethwei fighter are tough and no techniques.That kinda wrong.They use all of their energy to knockout opponent so no time for beautiful attack.You can use but your own risk.
3. There is 5 Round and each round is 3 min.
4. You can request 2minutes timeout when you get knockout ( only first three round)
There is also some explanation.Some people say that is shit ,will be brain damage blah blah. Lethwei fighter only fight for hobby.They are very afarid to lose.if you trained hard and get knockout by some lucky shot of your opponent? You can get second chance to kick his ass or surrender like a pussy.
5. Headbutts allowed

Well this is all I know.

Headbutt in Letwei, knee to the grounded opponent or foot stomp or soccer kick in MMA.

these kinds of technique might work on the street, but in my humble opinion it doesn't really have a place in modern combat sports.

Lethwei would still be awesome if the combat sports remove headbutt, it doesn't mean the actual martial art is getting rid of the technique.
Modern combat sport is shit.They all try to entertainment the crowd.MMA? Only grabbing and try to break some joint.Muai Thai using point system and also using big gloves.Did you said this is combat sport? You can said sport but not combat that is too pussy.

The second chance thing is very, very dangerous. Once the guy is knocked out and they drag him to his corner and revive him and send him out is not needed anymore. The groin shots were allowed for a long time but now with Modern Lethwei the rules are more international so the groin shots are out.
Don't be a pussy if you want to be a fighter or if you a pussy don't called yourself fighter.There is no lucky shot on lethwei.knockout recovery is second chance to fighter. You can get it and kick his ass again or surrender like a pussy.

When I see posts like this, I like to guest what the guy behind the keyboard is like. 10 bucks on it being a 13 years old Burmese kid that finally found an English forum discussing Lethwei.

Don't be a pussy.You watching some shit gloving point system match.
ah here in Rome we used to boxe with leather bands with metal studs , without weight categories or rounds, risulting often in death

I have been following Leduc for a while, and I do think that he is a pretty good fighter and a nice guy overall. He has over 100k followers on instagram, which I believe is decent given that his main fan base is in Myanmar and there are UFC #1 contenders with less followers than him.

Technique-wise, he was trained by a scholarship in Tiger Muay Thai gym (as I know, they have an annual week-long competition, where they pick 1-2 fighters out of a large group and give them full scholarship to train there). This means that he still would be a promising a Muay Thai fighter.

The opponents he has won in Lethwei include Too Too and Tun Tun Min, who are decent fighters. In fact, Tun Tun Min, has won a former Rajadamnern champion. Although I agree that Leduc would not perform that well against seasoned Thai and Dutch fighters, I do think he can be a dangerous force in glory or even muay thai if he were to change styles.

However, right now, he is more focused on giving Lethwei seminars in Muay Thai schools in North America, so I see it as unlikely for him to fight in the upcoming months.

This is on Fight Pass, so I'm going to give it a watch.

Back