a new hipster way to enjoy noodles: pho, deconstructed

pho is too subtle for indians. their food is waaaaayyy spicier.

1) The broth is kinda complex, and the herbs add to that. And they can add sriracha, if they want it hotter.

2) Not all Indian food is spicy. (whether you mean "hot" or just "lots of spices").

I have noticed lately that all my Indian friends seem to enjoy Thai food as their favorite non-Indian food.

No. Sounds like there's a way of eating it already. You just fail at it.

not gonna lie. i dont think every1 will enjoy it. its somewat of an acquired taste. not to be racist but most of my indian friends dont like pho for some reason. its kinda sad cuz i really want them to enjoy it but it apparently just clashes with their tastes

Your should try it...it really is delicious

The broth is very bland compared to ramen. You probably wouldn't like it.
I personally hate the meatball that gets tossed in with the meat.

I don't even think we have a place around her that sells the stuff. We have a couple of Chinese restaurants but I don't think they sell it.

I don't even think we have a place around her that sells the stuff. We have a couple of Chinese restaurants but I don't think they sell it.

Yeh, You can get all the ingredients to make it from scratch in every city but I've never found anywhere that sells pho in McScotland

Lol. Civilized? It's just lame. If you don't want to eat it then don't.

Rekt.

Lmao, hipster pho thread fail. Everyone would probably look like molly ringwald eating her sushi lunch in breakfast club, but at a pho restaurant. Its just...um...lame.

Here's civilized for you- I like that big ass cro-magnon fucking Fred flintstone bowl they give you that makes the table tip over. Got broth in my damn hair slurping and sweat under my eyes from the fresh jalape

Last edited:
He was kind of annoying. Yeah, pho is good, but he was being overly dramatic about it. He was probably drunk, though.
I believe he said in a interview that he refuses to do his show (or maybe it was any interview) when he is sober?

Deconstructed pho? Too frou frou for me. Old school is the best school.

picture in the OP looks like soba. It's pretty good, but I went to some 'master noodle maker' in Dallas with an extensive waiting list and was left underwhelmed, just tasted like every other time I had it.

I don't really understand the idea of deconstructed pho. When you deconstruct something you're supposed to be bringing out small elements that you usually miss, and then you get an artistic presentation as well.

This just seems like you're going from a big bowl of shit to a small bowl of shit.

2XO4KF8.gif

Deconstructed pho? Too frou frou for me. Old school is the best school.
Served by a dude wearing sandals and slacks. One thumb holding a cigarette, the other one sticking into your broth.

Damn all these asian food threads today and I didnt get any orange chicken sauce at the store this week fuckkkkkkkkkkkk. got some soy sauce and ramen tho mmmmmmm

You're insane. Pho broth is just as tasty, if not more flavorful than ramen broths.

And meatballs? What kind of pho joint are you eating at, bruh?

meatballs r in the supercombo one with all the meats including tripe, brisket, steak, ect

i would also have to disagree with u. pho broth is lighter & more pristine. legit ramen broths r more flavorful & i guess salty

pho broth is extremely light, less flavorful, and less fatty compared to most ramen broth.

i love chewy beef balls in my pho. its one of the best parts of the dish.

hate the brisket in my pho. love the tripe, raw steak, beef balls, and especially tendon.

pho broth is extremely light, less flavorful, and less fatty compared to most ramen broth.

i love chewy beef balls in my pho. its one of the best parts of the dish.

hate the brisket in my pho. love the tripe, raw steak, beef balls, and especially tendon.

:(

dam i only get the ones with brisket & steak. dont really like the gristles & fat cuz its too chewy

I like everything but tripe in my pho. I can handle the tripe, but it has no taste and feels like chewing on rubber bands.

BTW, I've seen Ramen mentioned here, but another good soup is Chinese Beef Noodle Soup.

Beef broth (beefy, spicy, and a little bit of a 5-spice flavor), noodles, beef chunks, green onion, bok choy.

It's pretty damn good.

There was a place near me (in the burbs) that made it. Unfortunately, they closed, so I'd have to drive a good bit to get to another place that would probably have it.

beef-noodles.jpg

more specifically taiwanese. lots of clove, anise, azn cinnamon, sichuan pepper, heat. not many places in the u.s. do it well. i've only been to like 3 places here that serve it and none of them were good. the noodle itself is different from most too. theyre made with a significant amount of oil already incorporated and are chewier than western/rice/italian type noodles

Back