Social A new study bolsters evidence that severe obesity is increasing in young kids in the US

It's not just the US. Obesity has increased in China and India too. As these countries became richer / more developed, they got more junk foods and fast food joints. Also more people with more money to spend on comfort food.

Last edited:

Bs35Try.png

Scary stuff. They've adopted the logic that "food shaming" is not tolerated (even though it's for the actual benefit of the individual) and instead allowed the poor decision to be learned as okay. It's another example of perverted virtue signaling from low-IQ people who don't understand the long-term ramifications of their bullshit.
It’s more “give kids whatever they ask for” and buy fancy shit or easy to buy food instead of put effort into cooking quality food.

My son’s mother feeds him constant junk food. He’s like 99% in weight and his BMI is through the roof.

He’s straight addicted to sugary things. Since I only have him every other weekend my ability to fix it is basically null.

Schools and other parents have absolutely normalized candy, cupcakes, junk food etc, as a daily thing. Not a once in a while treat.

- I read that in the morning, but wanted to give a more complete opinion, without the tablet ruining every word.

If i didnt had my dad, grand-dad or uncles around, i would've had grow-up like your kid. My mom didnt wanted us doing martial-arts or other things. Theres a kid, brother of a good friend of my childrenhood, this kid, now a 30 year old-man, was raised as my mom wanted to rise me, now his mom and grandmother are at the end of their journey, and the guy doenst has prospects of following a dream job.

Dude wanted to be a fire-fighter, but cant do one single bar. Think the most unathletic people your mind can think off. He can get buffed and roided? Yes, any idiot can. But not develop a aplicable ability at this stage of his life.

Do something for your kid, your ex is only ruining the little fella future, even if isnt his intention. Show Cedric Alexander vs Buddy Murphy to him. Ask if he wants to do what he see on the screen. After that show that boring excuse of a sport knows a basket(after Shaq retired), if he chooses the lkast one, theres little hope. But if he chooses pro-wrestling, theres still a fire burning in his soul. Now go light that chubby fatso and getting he burning those calories!

Last edited:
The most processed crap foods are also the least expensive. McDonalds anyone? Yes, people need to make better decisions. More inexpensive options might help that.
Lol, no they are not. Why does everyone think this? A big mac meal is like 12 dollars. You can get 5 bananas for like 1.50. Or a bag of kale with 5 servings for 3 bucks. Fruits and veggies are basically the cheapest thing in a grocery store. Have you been to a grocery store ever?

Preventing childhood obesity is the only way out of this problem. Kids that are obese before puberty have basically no chance to turn it around, the damage is basically permanent. I’ve been shocked seeing people I know who were overweight at some point in their early life, even for just for a year or two in their adolescence, and how those changes never really go away.

That said, obesity as a society wide issue is so structured by things like income, parentage, education (and education of parents), that I can’t imagine anyone honestly thinks it’s going to get better, or even that it’s not going to get much worse.

I'm going to repeat what I said on the first page of this thread.

The study within the OP specifically stated these increases are being seen in pre-school ages kids.

There is something more afoot than just McDonald's and less exercise.

Are there any environmental factors for these numbers? Any autoimmune issue going on?

For some reason, something is going on within the physiology of 2-5 year olds where their body is telling them to hold onto and store energy.

I don't think the source of the problem is particularly hard to figure out.

Parents are more rushed than ever before, leading them to seek out easier food preparation choices. This means more junky food, even if it's not hot dogs and hamburgers. There are far more prepackaged, microwaveable, loaded with preservatives, options out there than ever before.

Finding nutritious options has become harder. Not harder in the sense that they're not there but harder in the sense that it's harder to distinguish between good and bad.

Anecdotally, I only buy peanut butter with no other ingredients so I only use 1-2 specific brands. But when I started this it was extremely difficult to find out which brands were just peanuts without reading the ingredient list of every single one. If I had been less careful or rushing, I would have just picked up the cheapest, best marketed peanut which ended up being filled with salt and a bunch of random chemicals.

I'm sure many of us have read about how the fruits, vegetables and grains that we buy today are bigger and better looking than the ones from 60 years ago but have only a fraction of the nutrient content?

The basic quality of food is lower than in the past and parents have less time than before. This means that even if they're trying to be healthy with their choices, at least not indifferent to health, there's a strong chance they're still buying unhealthy food.

We see the data in WIC kids because we have the data but it's problematic across the entire country.

Less active parents=less active children. Not even including the horrible diet we are feeding our kids.

Maybe it is just me, but I see far less people just out and about in general. Fat, humongous people are on the rise, and with that, their children. They do not keep themselves in shape, so of course their kids will follow suit. They really have no say in the matter.

I'm going to repeat what I said on the first page of this thread.

The study within the OP specifically stated these increases are being seen in pre-school ages kids.

There is something more afoot than just McDonald's and less exercise.

Are there any environmental factors for these numbers? Any autoimmune issue going on?

For some reason, something is going on within the physiology of 2-5 year olds where their body is telling them to hold onto and store energy.
Weirdly, kids might be undereating along with the reduction in activity levels.

If you go to myplate.gov, they'll break down calorie needs based on age and activity level. Kids need far more calories than I used to think because their bodies are growing and they spend all day running around or using their brains to learn stuff. If they're underfed or, more likely, poorly fed then their bodies switch to storing energy.

I just wrote a post on food quality being down across the board.

The most processed crap foods are also the least expensive. McDonalds anyone? Yes, people need to make better decisions. More inexpensive options might help that.
Fast food is not exactly cheap these days. One combo on average is like $12-$13 bucks. You know how much healthy food you can get for that at the grocery store? Days worth.

It's laziness and having no discipline. They're not manufacturing processed bananas and carrots.

The prices of groceries have sky rocketed since 2021 and every year since then you can see the kids getting fatter and fatter. In this climate I feel bad for the parents trying to feed their kids healthy food when its cheaper to buy crap...Plus closing schools and parks like idiots during the Sweet and Sour Sniffle "Pandemic"...didnt help a bit.

All of the above on parents and their food choices is true.

Then add the fact that if anything is said about a person and that includes especially kids even by doctors it's called "body shaming " and not allowed. You are told is not unhealthy and the person should be celabrated for their courage.

I'm not saying people need to make fun or bully overweight people. I'm say they need to be encouraged to get to a healthier weight by doctors and not shamed or celabrated by people in general.

I ate all kinds of crap growing up and I’m still hilariously jacked/cut in my 30s. I’m also a genetic freak so maybe that has something to do with it. I can’t imagine how much garbage these kids have to be eating to be that unhealthy. Regardless, growing up running amok in the street, playing sports and riding my skateboard everywhere probably saved me from being a fat pos.

Last edited:
It's obvious at this point that the government/corporations want people to be fat, diseased, and living in a pod. Remember the food pyramind? Anyway, veganism is gay and the only food humans need is cow.

Last edited:
The problem is their fat parents introducing them to fat food portions and teaching them thats just how people eat. People being overweight and unhealthy is one thing but if you want to explain the extreme cases of people having a gravitiational pull that's the issue. With adults people just aren't very active and sit down all day but kids are generally going to school walking around and burning way more calories. If they are obese it's because someone taught them to be obese.

Fast food is a cheap option if you’re looking at a purely “dollars to calorie” option. For 2 or 3
Bucks you can raid the dollar menu and get eat 1200-1400 calories. That being said, beans, rice, and fresh veggies are still cheaper if you’re buying and cooking for yourself.

Also since it’s the WR I’d like to point out that study after study has shown that republicans and red states are more obese than skinny twink commies like myself and my antifa cell.

Back