A salute to the fighters that have never tasted glory

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I mean like real og's that have been in the game forever and have made it to the ufc and just hang around with 500 records. It has to be so hard just to get to the ufc if your name isn't cm punk and when you get there you compete against savages and sometimes all time greats.

I'm saluting Ed Herman. Short fuse has been in the game for 18 years. Dude is 40 still fighting. He will never get a title shot and spent his entire career without that in reach. Tough dude. I appreciate the hard work and sacrifice it takes to get to that level. There's nothing wrong with being an average fighter in the ufc.

20130706_lbm_aj4_125.0.jpg

Dada 5000. Dude wasn’t the most immensely skilled, but he fought with everything he had, to the point of heart failure. You don’t see that in many athletes. I don’t even think gsp could push himself hard enough for that.

To be fair, Dada 5000 had a heart attack because he had awful conditioning. GSP couldn't get a heart attack from fighting if he tried, since he built up tremendous cardio through hard work over many years. I respect Dada but he had zero business being in a cardio-intensive sport without the proper preparation.

Last edited:
I had no idea Ed was in the UFC and has been there since 2006. Crazy. That season of TUF had just aired when I started lurking on Sherdog.

Don’t know if Nate Marquardt qualifies but definitely an OG.

Carlos Condit for me. Strong guard, great conditioning, some very brutal wars.

That poor man got done dirty by the judges in the Lawler fight, I still remember when he closed the eyes right after the heard the decision, I knew it was over him.

I can't think in something more crushing than that in the octagon

Dada 5000. Dude wasn’t the most immensely skilled, but he fought with everything he had, to the point of heart failure. You don’t see that in many athletes. I don’t even think gsp could push himself hard enough for that.

Maybe if he actually pushed himself at the right time he wouldn't have showed-up obese and wouldn't have had to cut almost 40 pounds, which is even harder to do when you are fat, which is an insane thing to do when you don't have weight-cut experience nor a real professional team to help you do it

That poor man got done dirty by the judges in the Lawler fight, I still remember when he closed the eyes right after the heard the decision, I knew it was over him.

I can't think in something more crushing than that in the octagon

He needed a break. But overall, I could see that fight going either way since Condit had way more volume but Lawler did more visible damage.

And he gave us one of the greatest fights of all time against kimbo

Back