Social A serious question for liberals in this forum

hi AndroidRage,

that's really the problem. the personality of someone like Trump, of course, was grating...but that wasn't the issue.

a GOP candidate for POTUS will have 3 qualities;

1) they will want to cut taxes for the wealthiest Americans.

2) they will be soft - very soft - on climate change.

3) they will have no applicable ideas on healthcare. none. zero.

*ponders*

even if they were the nicest people on the planet - even nicer than Mr. Rogers - how can i vote for someone like that?

- IGIT

And how can you be a person that is as nice as Mr. Rogers but not want those people to be taken care of? The strong Christian values many of these Republicans pretend to have don't mirror say Jesus Christ's. I remember he fed and cared for the poor. Don't remember him saying anything about bootstraps.

And how can you be a person that is as nice as Mr. Rogers but not want those people to be taken care of? The strong Christian values many of these Republicans pretend to have don't mirror say Jesus Christ's. I remember he fed and cared for the poor. Don't remember him saying anything about bootstraps.

hiya AndroidRage,

i have nothing against Christians, or Christianity...but...

*shrugs*

it seems incompatible to attempt to be a Christian and an American.

the teachings of the Lord don't jibe well with the American ethos.

John 14:17 - “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

99b1b9b45e089388644ffca4060c40f4.jpg

lol.

these things are good and honorable sentiments, but impossible to sustain. the United States, circa 2021, is predicated on smashing the tenth commandment into tiny bits.

- IGIT

hi GreenGorilla,

"arabian slave trade"

lol.

Libya is being flooded by refugees from West Africa because Italy and France and the rest of EU doesn't want them, so they're stuck in Libya, and the locals have turned to human trafficking and slavery.

maybe Muamar would have mowed those refugees down in a hail of machine gun fire instead, who knows?

one thing is for sure, though - the intervention in Libya was strictly driven by the EU. it was their operation. blaming the US, which played only a support role, for the post war planning is a little like blaming Canada for the post invasion mess of W Bush's adventure in Iraq.

i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

- IGIT
What a suprise you got banned, oh wait it isn't good riddance of this idiot that keeps writing posts in a condescending tone.

Chapeau mods.
{<redford}

Back