Opinion A serious question for Republicans in this forum

What say you regarding the fact that many Republicans are STILL aligned with Trump...?

Would it not behoove them to DIVORCE from him as completely as humanly possible?

Wouldn't said divorce begin to heal the fractured state of affairs for them going forward?

Also, WHY do you think many of them are STILL beholden to Trump...? How on earth was the siege on the Capitol not enough for them to push Trump away once and for all...??

In closing, as it is now, it is Republicans who are causing themselves the most damage, NOT the Democrats. (they are imploding, and as funny as it is to watch, it is sad/disturbing)

Or...do you think that people such as Jim Jordan and Marjorie Taylor Greene are actually beneficial to the Republican party...??
Why do you think, you dope
Dude just got damn near half the votes

“Divorce Trump so I can feel better”
Lol

The real question for OP is why do you think this movement is about Trump?

News flash: it ain’t. He just showed us what pride in the country could be like, even with the outright lies and venom spewed by the media, and we still embraced it.

You think trump has pride in the country? Jesus you're gullible as fuck.

LAWL. Literally hitler? What rubes have I heard that from before?

Even you can do better than that.
No, your missing the point of what I said. Read my other post, and try—even just a little—to apply some critical thinking skills to it.
You can do it. I have faith in you.
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/163508151/
Your dad is a Democrat with a gun. Never was a republican. He suffered from OMB syndrome.

I also hate the R party itself but the dem agenda is absolutely fucking awful for the country. So I lean far more R than D.
Ahh yes, this is the type of denial right wingers specialize in these days. “That guy who voted Republican for 50 years? He was never one of us! He’s a RINO!” :confused:
Conservatives have a real problem on their hands with the violent conspiracy wackos and white nationalists/supremacists that have infiltrated and taken hold of the party. That doesn’t mean that the Dems don’t have some issues. But Dems aren’t giving psychopaths like Stephen Miller administration jobs. For all of your whining that “Dems tried to overturn the election in 2016 Hurr Durr!”—nobody actually tried to do anything of the sort. That’s the Right. You guys own that.
And don’t make me laugh about the R agenda being better for America. What even is the R agenda in the Tea Party and Trump years?
-Hold on to power at all costs, even if you have to manufacture election conspiracies and engage in insurrection?
-More trickle down economics?
-Strip healthcare away from millions of Americans and offer nothing in its place?
-Have govt shutdowns like their going out of style? “3 in one year? Why not?!”
-Completely disregard climate science?
-Completely disregard vaccine science?
-Compromise the entire country during a pandemic because wearing a mask goes against your “freedom”?
-Sloppy and ham-fisted trade policies that cripple our farmers?
-Try and spend millions on an impossible border wall?

Give me a break with this shit.

People still like Obama despite the fact that he started illegal wars, deported more people than Trump in his first 4 years, lied about the Flint water crisis and had his cabinet appointed by Citigroup.

People still like Obama despite the fact that he started illegal wars, deported more people than Trump in his first 4 years, lied about the Flint water crisis and had his cabinet appointed by Citigroup.

Just curious, what illegal wars did he start and how can a President exactly start an illegal war ?

The real question for OP is why do you think this movement is about Trump?

News flash: it ain’t. He just showed us what pride in the country could be like, even with the outright lies and venom spewed by the media, and we still embraced it.

Exactly how has Trump (throughout his entire life) shown pride in America? By getting 5 or 6 deferments from Vietnam? By bragging how he pays practically nothing in taxes? By governing as a statist when he was POTUS?

Trump encapsulates the GOP better than anyone else at this point in time and the party has completely turned into a cult of personality built around him. The GOP insists entirely based upon a competition on who can be the most submissive to him. It's both very funny and extremely pathetic.

Yes, they should distance themselves from their party's most popular candidate in history and denounce 75 million voters, and focus more on Liz Cheney and Lincoln project wing of the party who also hate poor rural voters. Brilliant.

Or maybe they could just skip the advice from a tribalist who hates the party, all of its voters and would never in a million years vote republican no matter what they did.

Yes, they should distance themselves from their party's most popular candidate in history and denounce 75 million voters, and focus more on Liz Cheney and Lincoln project wing of the party who also hate poor rural voters. Brilliant.

Or maybe they could just skip the advice from a tribalist who hates the party, all of its voters and would never in a million years vote republican no matter what they did.

He got 74.2 million votes. Not 75 million votes.

Why on earth do you NOT want the part to move FORWARD though...??

Trump LOST right on cue...or Q.

get a load of this guy. He loves losing elections. Fucking LOVES it

I won't forgive what they did to Boehner. The Republicanism today is essentially obstruction. Best to ignore them and try to pass laws without their input because they have none anyway.

They packed up and fled. No worries though the criminals are being rounded up one by one.

You poor saps have no idea what actual "insurrection" looks like.
One day, the bubble wrap will fall away and you'll no longer be living life in Easy Mode.

In the meantime though, the "coup" talk's been enormously entertaining.

The GOP is already dead. It has no morals, values, courage, and is woefully corrupted by conspiracy theorists and unintelligent and uneducated people like Boebert and Greene. If the GOP is to survive it needs to denounce many of the dangerous people that work in the House. I see democrats running the show for the next decade plus if that doesn’t happen.

Could say the same about the left if I were to blanket the entirety of it under the umbrella of a few crazy people but that would be a dishonest statement, now wouldn't it?

Scary ass comment.
I can look to history, and think of other leaders who vilified the press and constantly accused them of lies, who rallied followers around nationalism and national pride when they felt ashamed and displaced, and who criticized universals education as a tool of “liberalism.”
Can you?

<45><45><45><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

"Ah! The Nazis are coming!"

He got 74.2 million votes. Not 75 million votes.
I don't give Trump much credit, he is just right place at the right time. People who vote GOP are voting against liberals. I have never met a Republican voter who talked about the great things the Trumps and Cruzs are doing. It's always "the liberals hate the country, Obama hated the country, they are communists, etc".

Back