A Silva clearly ducked GSP his whole career.

No he wasn't.
Pride WW was 83 kg or 183 lb's and not 170.
Chael’s a lot bigger than GSP. Stronger too
Not according to Chael. Chael assuming he isn't bullshitting has talked about training with GSP. I don't recall everything he said but he did say he was amazed at how strong GSP was:

He also declared GSP as the GOAT

Chael was roided and cheating. Thats the ONLY reason he was controlling Anderson because he was cheating.
Anderson tested positive as well so doesn't that count???
Chael was amazed at GSP's strength when they trained.
I think Chael controlled Anderson because a very good wrestler with high level top control is Anderson's kryponite.

No he wasn't.
Pride WW was 83 kg or 183 lb's and not 170.
I stand corrected. I always thought he fought at 170. It's been said many times. Doesn't that make it worse that he lost to a few LWs in Pride???

Chael was roided and cheating. Thats the ONLY reason he was controlling Anderson because he was cheating.

Chael dominated my ass. Chael was roided and cheating.

All these GSP fans keep talking about what Chael was doing to Anderson, but fail to mention how Chael pissed how because he was roided and cheating.

Oh my. The irony of a Jon Jones fan talking about another fighter taking steroids.

when did Anderson fight at 170? He’s like 6 foot 2 he would be too weak at 170 to take on GSP.

He called out GSP repeatedly to come up to 185.

will you at least admit that GSP was no match for Anderson at 185.

last time he fought at 170 was in 2005 though he said he would drop to 170 to fight GSP. He would later mention in his career his desire drop to 170 to fight McGregor.

He could have easily jumped to welterweight, like he has fought at many times, but he simply refused to do so out of fear. He knew if he was the same size as GSP he would get ragdolled.

It is sort of sad that this fight never happened because Silva refused to fight on equal grounds.
Wtf???

How does a 185er duck a ww and no he couldn't make ww during that era as he stated sure ww when he was alot younger. Maybe.

Way to stir shit up hater

last time he fought at 170 was in 2005 though he said he would drop to 170 to fight GSP. He would later mention in his career his desire drop to 170 to fight McGregor.
It was a catch weight hed be 170 ish 175 178

Dont put words in mouths

Shit posting my man.

You created a thread on a controversial topic and only typed out 3 sentences for it.

I stand corrected. I always thought he fought at 170. It's been said many times. Doesn't that make it worse that he lost to a few LWs in Pride???

Maybe but it happened before Pride. Shooto MW was 77kg and that's 170.

But it's a bit like looking at the LHW Rumble and saying could beat GSP at WW (he couldn't but he's the first WW I could think of that could never get back to 170 after moving up).
By the time Anderson made it to the UFC he wasn't ever hitting 170 again.

The smallest guy he lost to has to be Ryo Chonan, he is a WW but obviously size had nothing at all to do with that loss.

I believe both guys didn't want to fight eachother.
People blame GSP, but for someone with no TD defense, GSP is a nightmare.
GSP could get caught by Silva though.

GSP got the MW title
Anderson did not get the WW title.

GSP ducked Silva anyone who isn't a delusional GSP fan knows this. I mean let's not forget how he ducked Romero, Whittaker, and a Hendricks rematch. He was never a guy who would take a risk if he didn't have at least 80% odds of victory.

Anderson is an underrated ducker. Not really talked about enough

Ducked GSP at WW
Ducked Jones
Ducked Shogun
Ducked Romero
Anderson definitely ducked Shogun. Silva talked about moving up and winning the belt, Shogun replies he would love to fight Anderson. Silva replies 'only at 185'.

Search Anderson's career. He was at 170 in Pride. Personally I don't think Anderson at 185 was too much for GSP. Chael Sonnen controlled Anderson for 5 rounds easily. He was on his way to doing the same until his Spinning Back-Fail. GSP is the greatest MMA wrestler of all time and has better wrestling than Sonnen. GSP also happens to have striking, High level BJJ and an overall well rounded game. GSP does what Sonnen did in the first fight without getting tapped at the last second. 50-44 UD

And rumble was a WW too earlier in his career. Bodies change.. Silva called out GSP many times and Georges ran, only going up to MW to take on the weakest champion ever then vacate to avoid tough fights.

GSP is a GOAT but he protected his legacy too. Anderson fought the LHW/HW champ and the MW champ in his mid 40’s.. he didn’t duck GSP.

In an interview with Portal do Vale Tudo, Silva’s coach Rogerio Camoes has revealed the lowest weight that 'The Spider' could possibly get to for the lucrative clash with McGregor.

"If you really force him, Anderson Silva can make 179lbs or 180lbs," Camoes said, as translated by BloodyElbow.

Maybe but it happened before Pride. Shooto MW was 77kg and that's 170.

But it's a bit like looking at the LHW Rumble and saying could beat GSP at WW (he couldn't but he's the first WW I could think of that could never get back to 170 after moving up).
By the time Anderson made it to the UFC he wasn't ever hitting 170 again.

The smallest guy he lost to has to be Ryo Chonan, he is a WW but obviously size had nothing at all to do with that loss.

I seem to recall Shooto being 167 pounds? Could be wrong though.

He definitely ducked Jones. Calling him and befriending him then saying they can't fight because they're friends is number 1 bullshit.

On and Off.

You know since GSP is a known cheating greaser himself. That's the part you purposely left out.

GSP cleaned up the sport. Brought in USADA. Single handedly ended the steroid era and wouldn’t ya know it, Anderson fell off right away.

GSP crushed Penn and Penn needed an excuse. Anderson just popped because he’s a juicer.

Back