Media A Viking Invasion is coming to the welterweight division. Marty's days are numbered

"Nordic.."

i

The lad is as Chechnyan as you can get.

:D
Well, the Nordic people migrated from Kaukasus during the Bronze Age, so genetically there might be a match...

"Nordic.."

i

The lad is as Chechnyan as you can get.

:D
Who cares what you call him? Born and raised American idiots ridiculously claim to be whatever ethnicity all the time. If they can do it, I can be Chinese if I say so, and that dude's a true viking Swede if he so desires.

Khamzat Chimaev is a genuine Swedish name for sure

not hating but to clarify, he's a dagestani russian who moved to sweden in 2011 and has been living there ever since. /thread ... ?

Nothing wrong with him belonging to two cultures. He's a product of both and Is a good representation of them

Big questions? I think out of, I don't know how many there are ethnic Chechen mma fighters in this world, let's say 200, Taisumov is the only one having problems with American visa, while actually getting it the first time he applied (he fought for M-1 in US). Even Tukhugov with criminal record and time served in jail/prison doesn't have visa problems.
For example, I think there was multiple Brazilian UFC fighters with issues with American visa, few British UFC fighters with the same problem, few Dagestani UFC fighters with the same problem few ethnic Russians from different promotions. I mean, it's not a big question and it doesn't look like you should worry about Chechen with Swedish citizenship receiving American visa.

I do think you’re massively understating how big the American visa problem is with North Caucasian fighters. There’s a reason why North Caucasian UFC fighters almost always fight on non-American cards, you can just look up any North Caucasian UFC fighters and the vast majority of them will barely fight in America.

Also, having a Swedish citizenship won’t mean much, Taisumov has an Austrian citizenship and it didn’t help him. Once you’re on that no-fly list, not even an American citizenship can help you and even Dana himself cannot pull strings to get you off that list. And there’s been cases of people getting put on that list for having the same name as a terrorist. It’s all very iffy.

I do think you’re massively understating how big the American visa problem is with North Caucasian fighters. There’s a reason why North Caucasian UFC fighters almost always fight on non-American cards, you can just look up any North Caucasian UFC fighters and the vast majority of them will barely fight in America.

Also, having a Swedish citizenship won’t mean much, Taisumov has an Austrian citizenship and it didn’t help him. Once you’re on that no-fly list, not even an American citizenship can help you and even Dana himself cannot pull strings to get you off that list. And there’s been cases of people getting put on that list for having the same name as a terrorist. It’s all very iffy.
I think North Caucasus guys with American visa issues -- 99 % of them are from Dagestan.
Actually I looked at interview with Chimaev and he mentioned some troubles which involved police. Like, two guys on the street showed him a middle finger, he asked them why, they grabbed him, he beat them up and they reported him to police.

Viking, Swedish flag, Russian name, written in Arabic. Pick an identity.

Do you have any proves of that or are you just making that up ?
I've seen a wall of text, quote from something on one of Russian mma forums, like a couple of years ago. If I remember it right, friend of Tukhugov was shooting in Moscow (maybe like people from Caucasus/Arabs do it, you know, shooting in the air as a form of celebration) when police guys tried to arrest him Tukhugov went in their way. As far as I know, Tukhugov was never asked about this in Russian interviews but he never commented/denied info about him spending time in jail/prison. There is photo of handcuffed Tukhugov but if I'm not mistaken it's from another incident/arrest.

Back