A year left to go..whos been the best of this decade?

It's definitely Jon Jones. If the failed drug tests disqualify him, then I'd pick DC. Apart from Jon, he's undefeated, his entire career has spanned across this very decade, and he managed to become LHW and HW champion.

I still take Jon though. If he becomes HW champion at some point, it will be pretty much impossible for anyone to EVER threaten his status as GOAT. Or at least to beat his resume.

These threads crack me up. Jones, obviously. Fuck your crybaby cuntyness if you don’t think so.

This decade is also Fedor,actually.

If we throw drug issues aside then it’s JJ pretty easily imo.

However, if we don’t do the above then I have it DC, Dj, and if Khabib beats Tony this year then I could make a case for him in the discussion, but definitely not at the top.

i got lyoto, he's consistently pulled off the gangsterest shit imo

giphy.gif

8eNM.gif

giphy.gif

2cdhc9j.jpg

tumblr_n8d74ncA6V1qe6bjmo1_400.gif

Jones*

Without an asterisk, Cormier/Rousey/Macgregor

Daniel Cormier

It’s pretty much impossible to argue with this. Especially when PED use by two ex-GOAT candidates is brought into the conversation.

Jones* would claim this title if he weren’t a chronic fuck up and cheater. Spending multiple years in your prime on the bench under suspension is just ridiculous.

To break the Jon-DC responses monotony I'll go ahead and pick the guy who never lost, took the LW belt with ease and defended it in spectacular fashion against UFC's biggest star. Khabib.

To break the Jon-DC responses monotony I'll go ahead and pick the guy who never lost, took the LW belt with ease and defended it in spectacular fashion against UFC's biggest star. Khabib.

GSP has won 13 UFC Title fights in a row in two different divisions. Even with spending 4 years pre-Bisping and 15 months or so post-Bisping on the sidelines.

GSP has done way more in the UFC than Khabib. No disrespect to Khabib and I like him. Hasn’t Khabib’s UFC resume only been about 13 fights in total? Let alone championship fights.

Not only that... If the fight happens GSP will straight up beat Khabib. At that point there is no longer this debate.

Edit. I just checked and Khabib has had 11 UFC fights.

GSP has won 13 UFC Title fights in a row in two different divisions. Even with spending 4 years pre-Bisping and 15 months or so post-Bisping on the sidelines.

GSP has done way more in the UFC than Khabib. No disrespect to Khabib and I like him. Hasn’t Khabib’s UFC resume only been about 13 fights in total? Let alone championship fights.

Not only that... If the fight happens GSP will straight up beat Khabib. At that point there is no longer this debate.

Edit. I just checked and Khabib has had 11 UFC fights.
I love GSP and give him all the props in the world but if we're looking at THIS DECADE he's only had 7 fights and been inactive most of the time. Khabib had 20 fights in this decade. DC had 23 and took two belts.

Taking the MW title is awesome and all but it was a one-off thing, one fight can't define "the best fighter of the decade" IMO.

Of course if GSP was to come back and take the LW title from Khabib this year I would have to reconsider.

Jon Jones easy. Yes he's a cheater but so is everyone else. WIth or without roids I think he would still beat everyone. DC is a good contender though, if he squeezes in 2 legit HW defenses this year he could overtake Jones, but fighting mediocre Black Beast and Brock is not improving his legacy.

Should easily be Jones but I can't give it to a proven drug cheat.

I hope you are joking. It is a no contest, but DC did in fact get knocked out by Jones

But it doesn't show on his record because he was cheating. Do you know what cheating in a sport means?

That knockout wasn't legit.

Back