AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
3 NEW, 3
By Peter Carroll@PetesyCarroll Mar 14, 2018, 8:30am EDTSHARE
Screen_Shot_2018_03_14_at_11.34.31.0.png
instagram.com/aaroncgshore
Reality TV star turned MMA fighter Aaron Chalmers will make his promotional debut at Bellator 200 on May 25 in London after being granted “a conditional one-fight release” from BAMMA.

The Geordie Shore cast member revealed his opponent, Ashley Griffiths, on Wednesday morning, which was promptly followed by a press release from BAMMA acknowledging his conditional release.

View image on Twitter

Aaron Chalmers

✔@AaronCGShore

It’s true!!!! Im fighting on the @BellatorMMA main card on May 25th

It’s still actually crazy!!! 12 months ago I announced my first fight

Now I’m fighting for Bellator
1f62c.png
1f62c.png
1f62c.png

Tickets from http://aaronchalmers.co.uk

2:12 AM - Mar 14, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Chalmers (3-0) is undefeated in three tests having beaten pro MMA debutants Greg Jenkins, Alex Thompson and Karl Donaldson under the BAMMA banner in 2017. He has yet to be taken to a second round after scoring first round knockout wins over Thompson and Donaldson in his last two outings, and submitting Jenkins with a kimura in the first three minutes of his MMA debut.

Griffiths (4-6) is Chalmers’ most experienced opponent to date. Despite his three-fight losing streak, Griffiths was handed a big time debut when he was drafted in for Bellator 191 in December. He was defeated in the first round against Mohammad Yahya, who improved to 5-1 with the TKO finish.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/3/14/17118966/aaron-chalmers-to-compete-at-bellator-200

idk how big of a star chalmers is in the UK, but ive been reading that he is well known form the UK version of Jersey shore.

I really hope he opens the main card and doesnt get a co-main slot or some shit.

idk how big of a star chalmers is in the UK, but ive been reading that he is well known form the UK version of Jersey shore.

I really hope he opens the main card and doesnt get a co-main slot or some shit.

He does big numbers in the UK for Bamma.

Lol what a joke this fight is. The sooner he gets knocked out, the sooner everybody can forget about him.

Can’t blame Bellator for this move. I looked him up, and he appears to be a big star in the UK reality TV world and has over 800k followers on Twitter. He’s also got 3 professional MMA fights to his name in 2017, so it’s not like he’s just some brand new fighter with zero experience like CM Punk.

As long as he’s not main/comain event, I think it’s actually a good move for the UK card.

Can’t blame Bellator for this move. I looked him up, and he appears to be a big star in the UK reality TV world and has over 800k followers on Twitter. He’s also got 3 professional MMA fights to his name in 2017, so it’s not like he’s just some brand new fighter with zero experience like CM Punk.

As long as he’s not main/comain event, I think it’s actually a good move for the UK card.
This.

To be fair though if CM Punk had been fighting the caliber of opponents Chalmers has, I'd imagine Punk would have done a lot better.

Wow he's on the main card? Jesus.

Viacom screwed this up, they didnt see the cross promotion possibilities. he should have fought one of the Jersey shore guys, the Situation vs this dude would be huge.

or what about Ronnie, he knocked out a dude stone cold on the show. Missed opportunity for Bellator.

To be fair to Chalmers I watched the MMA hour interview with him and he's actually really humble. He acknowledged there are better more deserving fighters than him and he only got into BAMMA because of his name. He said he would've been stupid to turn down the opportunity. His opponents have been total cans to date though. I think one of them it was their first MMA fight and the other it was their first pro MMA fight after coming off a losing streak as an amateur.

Hard to begrudge the guy, reality star or not, 3-0 with two knockouts and a submission.

Back