News Aaron Pico looking thick, big, swole. Beats any UFC FW besides Volkanovski with ease

Id be shocked if anyone beats Volk with ease.... even HW's.

Considering Akhmed, Khasan and Timur were in Russia and Mecca celebrating Ramadan and Borics and Corrales already knocked him out, who do you think were the guys that turned the fight down? Jeremy Kennedy has a fight scheduled and probably isn't pining to rematch him. Otto pulled out and he got some 10-5 on short notice who gave him a competitive 3 rounds, doesn't make me feel like these other guys were necessarily trembling.

Considering Akhmed, Khasan and Timur were in Russia and Mecca celebrating Ramadan and Borics and Corrales already knocked him out, who do you think were the guys that turned the fight down? Jeremy Kennedy has a fight scheduled and probably isn't pining to rematch him. Otto pulled out and he got some 10-5 on short notice who gave him a competitive 3 rounds, doesn't make me feel like these other guys were necessarily trembling.
To be fair Gonzalez is one of those guys who is better than his record suggests, the guy broke Sabatini's arm and gave Law his first loss, but yeah, I don't think people are scared of Pico in 2023.

If I were Aaron I'd focus on getting fights against grapplers though, he matches up really well against them and should be able to win those fights.

To be fair Gonzalez is one of those guys who is better than his record suggests, the guy broke Sabatini's arm and gave Law his first loss, but yeah, I don't think people are scared of Pico in 2023.

If I were Aaron I'd focus on getting fights against grapplers though, he matches up really well against them and should be able to win those fights.

I'm a broken record but I really want to see him vs the Dagestanis. It's so rare we ever see Dagestanis vs truly good wrestle boxers with cardio good enough to not fade. Ray Cooper vs Magomedkerimov I/II was an example of this. You could argue albeit very undersized, Volk filled that role vs Islam somewhat. But yeah, super interesting to see Pico vs Khasan, Akhmedov and Khizriev. Seems like Khizriev and Pico are the only ones on a similar path at the moment though.

Also I think Ikram vs Hawes will be fascinating so long as Hawes doesn't get injured and there's always the chance he gets chinned but I see him being able to stop takedowns, physically strong(er) and the better striking.

Huh? He was 22. Doesn't mean anything. He was finished by a fighter that was in his prime who was 17-3.

Don't get why you're saying it's rare. Young fighters take fights they shouldn't and lose all the time. Nearly every UFC champion was finished earlier in their career.
Chuckle. Dude, Pico got clubbed & subbed by Zach Freeman! Then he got KO'd by a journeyman (Corrales). In the next fight after getting KO'd by a journeyman he got KO'd by a real up & comer (Borics) who was also young like him. Please DM me whatever drug you're on. It's got your brain so warped you're living in an alternate reality. If you want to slurp on someones nuts you'd be better off with Borics. Just sayin".

Chuckle. Dude, Pico got clubbed & subbed by Zach Freeman! Then he got KO'd by a journeyman (Corrales). In the next fight after getting KO'd by a journeyman he got KO'd by a real up & comer (Borics) who was also young like him. Please DM me whatever drug you're on. It's got your brain so warped you're living in an alternate reality. If you want to slurp on someones nuts you'd be better off with Borics. Just sayin".
Volkanovski got Head Kick KOd by Corey Nelson, check mate.

since when is MMA turning into Boxing where a loss from years ago is basically indicative of you forever

I'm a broken record but I really want to see him vs the Dagestanis. It's so rare we ever see Dagestanis vs truly good wrestle boxers with cardio good enough to not fade. Ray Cooper vs Magomedkerimov I/II was an example of Ithis. You could argue albeit very undersized, Volk filled that role vs Islam somewhat. But yeah, super interesting to see Pico vs Khasan, Akhmedov and Khizriev. Seems like Khizriev and Pico are the only ones on a similar path at the moment though.

Also I think Ikram vs Hawes will be fascinating so long as Hawes doesn't get injured and there's always the chance he gets chinned but I see him being able to stop takedowns, physically strong(er) and the better striking.
I think Hawes is going to have a big advantage on the feet, but his cardio will probably fail him and lead to him getting grinded by Ikram. It is a good fight though.

Khizriev vs Pico seems like the logical next step for both, either that or Aaron vs Burnell would be good.

Volkanovski got Head Kick KOd by Corey Nelson, check mate.

since when is MMA turning into Boxing where a loss from years ago is basically indicative of you forever
It's not just a loss though, it's several.

What Volk and Usman went through isn't really comparable to Aaron taking so many losses early, but being fair to him his career trajectory is also remarkably different and faster than either of those guys. Hyperbole is fine, but let's not pretend like Pico has been dominating quality fighters since the loss to Corrales or anything.

Gonzales is the best guy he's beaten since, and he did look great in doing so, but Justin arguably lost to both Kamaka and Claxton, neither who are what you'd call elite fighters. Does Aaron have potential to mature into a championship level fighter? Yes, his accolades speak for themselves, but right now there's enough evidence to suggest that he could just as easily turn out to be a story of unrealized potential.

He was clearly put into fights he had no business being in. Hard to tell what his peak will look like until we get there. He has everything he needs to beat just about anyone. I think he will probably thrive better when he starts to glhave 5 round fights. Guess we will see though.

posters in here are probably the type who thought charles oliveira sucked or something because he had losses when he was young

wow an MMA fighter lost several times, yeah, I really must be on drugs for thinking that maybe at 26 his best years are not behind him

posters in here are probably the type who thought charles oliveira sucked or something because he had losses when he was young

wow an MMA fighter lost several times, yeah, I really must be on drugs for thinking that maybe at 26 his best years are not behind him
Such a pet peeve when people talk about Pico in past tense, like a cautionary tale. As if the story has already been written. People do it all the time. The guy has been fighting high level opposition literally his entire career. Having a few losses isn't the end of the world, especially at his age and especially in this sport.

I tell ya what. Pico hits hard. I could hear his body shots in the upper deck

Is this a meme joke? Pico was exposed so badly in bellabum lol

Back