AC is out

Cold water bath?

Nobody likes a warm beer.

4965225249_c5a2d043eb_b.jpg

I was just gonna suggest. Dude, TS, if you're that hot just call out of work tomorrow and get TRASHED tonight with a ton of cold, cold beer. Benefits include, but are not limited to, BEING ABLE TO SLEEP (always impossible in the heat) and BEING SMASHED.

I don't know what else to tell you, this is your golden opportunity to get smashed.

Actually did this a few years ago when I lived in Atlanta- Doesn't work, and actually makes it worse

Seems like it would raise the humidity unless the ice is in a plastic bag.

Seems like it would raise the humidity unless the ice is in a plastic bag.
it really raised the humidity- and heat if I remember correctly - on youtube, some of the comments from guys that know more about thermodynamics than I do said that the mechanism of the fan would put out more heat than the ice could cool, making the room warmer- After my personal experiment, I agree.

Easiest way to remove a window is with a hammer. If you fail, grab a bigger hammer.
Or you could buy a portable air conditioner
Best-Portable-Air-Conditioner.jpg

I live in one of those old houses where the AC doesnt even kick upstairs properly. Therefore I'm stuck with blasting fans. It's embarrassing.

My AC went out a couple weeks ago, only I'm not in an apartment so it cost me 5 grand to replace.

th

I was just gonna suggest. Dude, TS, if you're that hot just call out of work tomorrow and get TRASHED tonight with a ton of cold, cold beer. Benefits include, but are not limited to, BEING ABLE TO SLEEP (always impossible in the heat) and BEING SMASHED.

I don't know what else to tell you, this is your golden opportunity to get smashed.
Then wake up hung the fuck over in a 90 degree apartment.

Grow up peter pan, jesus christ.

I find this to be the easiest temporary solution.

7da0b33c83a348e9a47e4d93e1b12293.jpg

Even after the AC is fixed, using fan and AC together is much more energy efficient as you can set your AC temperature higher and still get the same effect when using fan at the same time and save more energy.

Open the fridge, it will cool down the room eventually.

I knew a guy who actually believed this. I tried to explain that it just transfers heat from the inside to the outside of the refrigerator box but he didn't understand that.

You have three options.

Stay at a friend or hotel etc.

Crush your landlords balls until he follows the law.

Die.

It’s on your now boi.

When hurricane Irma came through the area, electricity and with that A/C was down for two weeks in the neighborhood. I left town for cooler northern climates. Others that stuck it out said dealing with the heat was brutal. On the positive side one person mentioned she lost her appetite in the heat and lost some weight she had been looking to loose.

Back