ADCC 2015 (S

Spoke with Braulio today at his seminar, he said there's the possibility that he may pull out because of a recent shoulder surgery. I was really excited to see him back in the brackets too!

Spoke with Braulio today at his seminar, he said there's the possibility that he may pull out because of a recent shoulder surgery. I was really excited to see him back in the brackets too!

Damn, hopefully he can recover quickly and compete!

Yuri Simoes posted yesterday he has been invited, although I'm not sure what weight category. I would assume -99

Tanquinho Mendes will be fighting as well.

He's done 2 different weight classes before. Do you know which one it is?

Don't know for sure but I think he will fight 140+ . I know he has a mma fight soon after. He fights at 135 lbs I think.

Speaking of fighting through injuries, does anyone know Buchecha's status?

Speaking of fighting through injuries, does anyone know Buchecha's status?

Good question. I'll leave him in until I hear officially that he's out. Hopefully he'll be good to go! it would suck for 2 defending champs to not be able to make it.

Buchecha is out.

http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/marcus-buchecha-set-to-undergo-knee-surgery/
3x World absolute champion Marcus Buchecha Almeida will undergo surgery for the knee injury that he sustained against Ricardo Evangelist during their 3rd round encounter at the Worlds 3 weeks ago.
Evangelista injured Buchecha went he went for a waiter sweep from half guard. Buchecha had to withdraw from the rest of the tournament.
This means that Buchecha is out of the upcoming ADCC 2015, due to be held in Sao Paulo in August.

From his Facebook:
Moments like these are responsible to make me do what I do. Victories and defeats are part of the career of any athlete, but something that I was’t expecting in the last tournament was the injury.
I was really positive but unfortunately I will need a surgery in my knee and I will stay away from the competition for a couple months.
I believe in life everything has a purpose and I will learn the lesson about that and I will have some time to think about in a lot of things and know myself better. But I’m sure it will make me come back stronger and more motivated than ever.
I had opportunity to talk with a lot of athletes that had surgeries and the came back much better after the surgery and show the real significance of the word Overcoming.
I just would like to say thanks to all my sponsor who are with me in all the moments, good or bad Hayabusa Fightwear MusclePharm Brasil @FightersMarket and Jiu Jitsu World League. And thank you to all who send me positive messages and thoughts. it gives me much more motivation and strength to come back to the mats and Live Moments like this one the picture again.

Anyone have any idea why Joao Miyao was invited and not his brother, Paulo, also? I find that interesting....

Anyone have any idea why Joao Miyao was invited and not his brother, Paulo, also? I find that interesting....

Paulo doesn't really compete no gi while Joao won the trials in 2013 and then finished 4th in the main event.

My coach just won the 2nd Asia Trials in Japan this past weekend.

Drew, can you add his name: Noh Young-ahm

Lol that dude's a beast. I don't know if you know Myeng-se (Did I spell it right?), the fairly wide brown belt dude, but he regularly destroys me when he visits us. Hahahaha

I'm pretty sure Myeng-se's friends with Noh Young-ahm

So are the competitors listed in the OP all confirmed? IE Benson Henderson has been invited and since he's listed that means he has accepted the invitation?

So are the competitors listed in the OP all confirmed? IE Benson Henderson has been invited and since he's listed that means he has accepted the invitation?

Yeah, typically people don't confirm ADCC invites unless they plan on attending. If it says they're invited or won the trials then right now, then the plan is for them to be there. On the same token, just because someone has confirmed or won the trials doesn't mean they'll 100% be there, just like an MMA card. Crazy stuff always happens, and the tournament is a couple of months out. Weird stuff always happens with ADCC at the last minute and things can switch up a little bit.

Lol that dude's a beast. I don't know if you know Myeng-se (Did I spell it right?), the fairly wide brown belt dude, but he regularly destroys me when he visits us. Hahahaha

I'm pretty sure Myeng-se's friends with Noh Young-ahm

Yeah, my coach is pretty burly.

And Myung-se is a fucking stud. He placed second at World's last year. Unbelievable pressure, and he's very technical. All those Daegu MMA guys are amazing.

Back