ADCC 2019 participants so far (thread will be updated with invitees and trials winners)

mataleaos

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Source:
https://adcombat.com/the-list-of-who-is-in-and-who-is-out-for-adcc-2019-world-championship/

Men -66kg
1. Rubens 'Cobrinha' Charles (2017 champion)
2. AJ Agazarm
3. Geo Martinez
4. Jamil Hill
5. Augusto 'Tanquinho' Mendes
6. Nicky Ryan
7. Ethan Crelinsten
8. Zaur Akhmedov
9. Ruan Alvarenga
10. Gianni Grippo
11. Pablo Mantovani
12. Mikey Musumeci
13. Paulo Miyao
14. Europe Trials Winner TBD
15. Asia Trials winner TBD
16. Invite TBD

Men -77kg
1. JT Torres (2017 champion)
2. Ross Nicholls (United Kingdom)
3. Jon Satava (USA)
4. John Combs (USA)
5. Vagner Rocha
6. Dillon Danis
7. Oliver Taza
8. Edwin Najmi
9. Renato Canuto
10. Lucas Lepri
11. Garry Tonon
12. Celso Vinicius
13. Servio Tulio
16. Invite TBD

Men -88kg
1. Keenan Cornelius
2. Craig Jones
3. Josh Hinger
4. Alec Baulding
5. Adam Wardzinski
6. Xande Ribeiro
7. Kit Dale
8. Rustam Chsiev
9. Murilo Santana
10. Mike Perez
11. Leandro Lo
12. Gabriel Arges
13. Gabriel Salles Muniz de Almeida
16. Invite TBD

Men -99kg
1. Gordon Ryan (2017 champion)
2. Vinny Magalhaes
3. Rafael Lovato Jr.
4. Patrick Gaudio
5. Lucas 'Hulk' Barbosa
6. Tim Spriggs
7. Mason Fowler
8. Ben Hodgkinson
9. Perttu Tepponen
10. Paulo Jose Barauna
11. Luiz Panza
12. Romulo Barral
13. Jackson Souza
16. Invite TBD

Men +99kg
1. Marcus 'Buchecha' Almeida (2017 champion)
2. Yuri Simoes (2017 champion)
3. Orlando Sanchez
4. Kaynan Duarte
5. Joao Gabriel Rocha
6. Jared Dopp
7. Roberto 'Cyborg' Abreu
8. Aaron 'Tex' Johnson
9. Nick Rodriguez
10. Eldar Rafigaev
11. Antonio Braga Neto
12. Cara de Sapato
13. Europe Trials Winner TBD
14. Asia Trials winner TBD
15. Invite TBD
16. Invite TBD

Women -60kg
1. Beatriz Mesquita (2017 champion)
2. ena Bishop
3. Elvira Karppinen
4. Bianca Basilio
5. Ffion Davies
6. Franciele Nascimento Santos
7. Europe Trials Winner TBD
8. Asia Trials Winner TBD

Women +60kg
1. Gabi Garcia (2017 champion)
2. Amanda Leve
3. Jessica da Silva
4. Carina Santi
5. Europe Trials Winner TBD
6. Asia Trials Winner TBD
7. Invite TBD
8. Invite TBD

Superfight
Andre Galvao (defending champion) vs Felipe Pena (2017 absolute champion)

Last edited:
Got tapped by Eldar Rafigaev when I was a white belt in competition (when I was a gi). Also by Adam Wardzinski in the same tournament.

Got tapped by Eldar Rafigaev when I was a white belt in competition (when I was a gi). Also by Adam Wardzinski in the same tournament.
Adam is the tall dude that's really good at butterfly guard right?

I don't think I've seen him without the gi before. I know he's a beast though.

Adam is the tall dude that's really good at butterfly guard right?

I don't think I've seen him without the gi before. I know he's a beast though.

Yes I guess he is like my height 6 feet 3 inches. He looks super tall because a lot of the Braziliians he is fighting are roided out to the gills manlets ;)
He has been beating me up a ton in the last month. Got to up my game a lot ;)

BTW shout out to fucking Xande. I honestly don't think the guy has missed an ADCC since he first did it in '03. I could be wrong but it seems like he's done them all since then.

Is that Alec Baulding the guy who was with Alliance back in the day, and got caught up in all the Jordan Schultz nonsense? If so, where is he training now? Good to see him in the mix.

Edit: BJJ Heroes has him back at Alliance, getting his black belt from Jacare in 2015.

Last edited:
It said Gordon is going up in weight. Would love to see him vs Buchecha

Edwin Nadjmi received an invite as per his Instagram.

Is that Alec Baulding the guy who was with Alliance back in the day, and got caught up in all the Jordan Schultz nonsense? If so, where is he training now? Good to see him in the mix.

Edit: BJJ Heroes has him back at Alliance, getting his black belt from Jacare in 2015.

When I hear the name Jordan Schultz all I can think if is that weird video where he's in bed with the cougar in the teddy

Edwin Nadjmi received an invite as per his Instagram.

He should be on the list but if not I’ll edit it. I just copy pasted it from Flo. He’s my Darkhorse pick for that division. He hasn't done a ton of no-gi but in the few matches I've seen he flies around and darces fools and he took Davi Ramos' back and RNC'd him. A sub over Davi Ramos is a big deal.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Gordon rematch Vinny and fight Buchecha this year please

i creep Jared Dopp on instagram since he trains at the Alliance Gym in town and he posted that he's accepted a spot in the +99kg division

66kg looking real interesting this year.

(Fuck the 'superfights' btw).

Is that Alec Baulding the guy who was with Alliance back in the day, and got caught up in all the Jordan Schultz nonsense

Same Alec, but he wasn't part of that drama. Alec is a good dude with fantastic ju jitsu. Out of all the homegrown junior students he'd give the visiting instructors the most trouble. I'm super-excited to see how he does at ADCC. I think the tournament plays well to his attributes and style.

Jordon was just obviously a sociopath to anyone who spent more than five minutes with him.

Last edited:
Updated list to include Tanquinho, Jamil Hill-Taylor, Craig Jones, Kit Dale, Rustam Chsiev, Cyborg, Jared Dopp, and Jessica Flowers.

Also, Gordon Ryan confirms his status in the -99kg division.

AJ seems like a hard matchup under ADCC for a sub only guy.
AJ has decent wrestling so he can take you down in overtime and is stupid enough to get his shit broken not to tap (and is hard to break in the first place).

AJ seems like a hard matchup under ADCC for a sub only guy.
AJ has decent wrestling so he can take you down in overtime and is stupid enough to get his shit broken not to tap (and is hard to break in the first place).
Not sure if you saw Ethan Crelinsten vs AJ at last ADCC but this was exactly how it played out. AJ just let his arm go multiple times it seemed like. The time I saw AJ lose via sub at ADCC (2015 I think) he let himself get put to sleep by Sousa. So it seems like he just doesn't tap.

AJ is like a Rustam or Orlando Sanchez of 66k. He's there to crash the party of your favorite grappler.

AJ is like a Rustam or Orlando Sanchez of 66k. He's there to crash the party of your favorite grappler.

All 3 have different strengths tho. Rustam actually has world class wrestling while Orlando is a true Murican and weights as much as two regular opponents.
Rustam pull cool moves off sometimes tho (and he can make stupid white belt shit work on Andre Galvao).

Back