Adesanya hype train unfounded?

Shabutie

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Only one person he beat in the UFC was coming off a win in their previous fight.

From fighting people that lost to getting a shot at one of the best....

Anderson is not one of the best anymore. He's getting a shot at a big name past his prime who will strike with him.

Nah his highlights from kickboxing are insane. Still wonder how he does if someone like Jacare/Yoel gets him down.

Anderson is not one of the best anymore. He's getting a shot at a big name past his prime who will strike with him.

He'll stand but would be an interesting fight if Anderson tried a TD (as per the thread I started). I wouldn't say the hype train is unjustified but he's still got a bit to prove i think, Rob Whittaker beat up Brunson as well but didn't really prove himself as elite until the Jacare and Romero fights imo.

Only one person he beat in the UFC was coming off a win in their previous fight.

He's literally had over 100 fights in boxing, kickboxing and mma together.

He had deserved hype before ufc.

People were making Instagram videos and saying "why isn't this guy in the ufc"

This is seriously getting irritating. The dude fought four times last year and has a 50 percent finishing rate and looked amazing. Just listen to the coward roar when he does something amazing. He has not had a boring fight since being in the UFC. How can you be so dismissive? Compare this to Sage Northcutt's performance? He lost several times and has like zero highlights in the UFC. Wait, I'm being trolled. Good Job OP.

Adesanya's striking skills aren't in question imo. The big question, as always with flashy young kickboxer types, is how he'll handle top tier grapplers. It remains to be seen, but his TDD has been pretty good thus far.

He only needs a few more wins to be considered a top guy imo. Not sure whether he'll ever be champ, it may come down to match ups. But he's certainly a contender.

Whittaker is younger

He's probably being protected for a payday as Romero would beat him IMO

News Flash, the UFC pushes personality not fighting skill based on elimination..

Looking forward to jacare, Yoel or Weidman testing him.

i just want to see him get hurt.

you always see the true character of a fighter when they have to overcome adversity.

i just want to see him get hurt.

you always see the true character of a fighter when they have to overcome adversity.
Off topic, but Israel Adesanya and Khabib Nurgomedov/Conor McGregor were only 13 and 14 years old respectively at the date you made this Sherdog account. It was aslo my 15th birthday. Excuse the random info.

You're right TS, but everyone will disagree with you because people are all over his nuts. Dude nearly lost to Marvin Vettori.

Off topic, but Israel Adesanya and Khabib Nurgomedov/Conor McGregor were only 13 and 14 years old respectively at the date you made this Sherdog account. It was aslo my 15th birthday. Excuse the random info.

thanks for pointing out i'm old. i almost forgot.

Back on topic, are you still gonna be crying about undeserved hype when he beats Whittaker??? I'm sure you will. Then again, Gastelum may do that first.

He'll stand but would be an interesting fight if Anderson tried a TD (as per the thread I started). I wouldn't say the hype train is unjustified but he's still got a bit to prove i think, Rob Whittaker beat up Brunson as well but didn't really prove himself as elite until the Jacare and Romero fights imo.
He even lost 1 of those fights

Why are you so determined to try and shade him, if you really believe he’s overrated it will be proven. It’s like your sitting around just stewing.

Back