Adesanya or Whittaker - Were you impressed by their performance?

Were you impressed by their performance?

• Total voters
Impressed by both of them, solid fight. I enjoy most of the fights though, then I come on here the next day and sherdog is whinging like usual lol.

Feels a little harsh to say that, but I’m kind of with you, TS. Whittaker did a good job being defensive and not getting blasted with something, and his wrestling was good as well. Izzy’s wrestling defense was also good, but on the feet he was a bit too cautious and conservative for my liking. Decent fight though, just not one I’ll be wanting to go back and rewatch again and again or anything. Easy 3-2 for Izzy if not 4-1 though since I see some people debating the scoring.

All I can say is I enjoyed it. It was a great fight. Skill for skill, Rob is extremely good, and it just showed that Izzy is a cut above the rest.

Herb Dean is still trash. Keep those long, painted nails up or in ffs...
Whittaker should've risked more, following up those jabs while Izzy was off balance with another shot, you gotta take chances to get rewarded.

I honestly wasn't impressed by either of their performances. It was an ok fight at best, but nothing to harp about.

Whittaker fought very safe. He survived but didn't really do anything. He couldn't do anything with the takedowns. Izzy kept on springing back up.

A forgettable fight with lot of inactivity. Some leg kicks and 1 minor knockdown vs some take downs. I bet no one is going to point out this fight to showcase the abilities of both fighters.

i thought rob looked better prepared and stuck to a gameplan. he also overcame the first round knockdown and rallied well.

had he done this the first time, he probably wouldn't have lost.

izzy looked ok, didnt want to push the pace unless he had rob hurt. his grappling still needs work but luckily there isn't any real threats at 85.

id like to see a third match personally.

Feels a little harsh to say that, but I’m kind of with you, TS. Whittaker did a good job being defensive and not getting blasted with something, and his wrestling was good as well. Izzy’s wrestling defense was also good, but on the feet he was a bit too cautious and conservative for my liking. Decent fight though, just not one I’ll be wanting to go back and rewatch again and again or anything. Easy 3-2 for Izzy if not 4-1 though since I see some people debating the scoring.

Well said.

I'm never a fan of Izzy to be honest, so I was indifferent. I know what to expect. Anderson 2. Someone that was flashy at one point and now showboats for counter strikes. If that doesn't work he revers to hit n run.

I was disappointed in Robert. I expected him to want to win. He had all the tools.

This wasn't impressive from either. Both point fight, Izzy does enough to win, not the "performing" he talked about pre-fight. Rob's down 0-4 or 1-3 and goes for takedowns that didn't lead to much the whole fight. And gave up on them. Needed a KO, get inside. I don't understand yelling in excitement when you drop a decision.

Both looked good but it was a boring performance. Izzy did what he does - use his range to outpoint. Whittaker got a couple of takedowns that did nothing but was somewhat competitive standing. Yet another Izzy fight that will be forgotten as it was a very bland, yet skilled, performance.

I was impressed by Izzy. Dude just knows how to win no matter the circumstances. His fight I.Q has improved over the years

Forgettable fight
I'm not caring much about the decision

Back