AEW CXVII: Mariah is Upon Us

@Frank23 has been shooting. He's had enough!

200w.gif

- @Frank23

What do you say? Me and you put aside out differences for the greater good for ONE NIGHT ONLY! and rid AEW of them at DON in a double dog collar loser leaves AEW match?
My sources have informed me that Rex's neck is too brittle to perform in such a match, but a surprise replacement has been announced
savio-vega.jpg

I really liked Tommy Billingtons debut. He was really intense and fast paced. He's obviously very skilled.

But goddamn, he is tiny. He isn't even skinny, just has a tiny build.

I wonder if he can muscle up more, but at the same time, I can't help but compare him to Dynamite Kid and Chris Benoit, and wonder just what those two did in order to look like they did, and is it worth it?

I have zero want or need to see another Top Flight or Lee Moriarty "good match" that they're going to lose without them being built up at all. These guys have been in the company for several years and haven't been built up as credible contenders in any, way, shape, or form, yet every time I see them on TV commentary sells them like they are. How many times do I need to hear about how much of a technical wrestling threat Lee Moriarty is and how he can beat anybody at any moment, when he hasn't won a singles match on AEW TV ever....3 years, never won a singles match on AEW TV. Why do I need to see this guy go 15 minutes damn near every week if they're not going to build him up as anything other than the guy that loses after a 15 minute "banger"?

Are "good matches" really "good matches" just because they're mechanically good?

This is a fair criticism.

The likes of Morriarty need to be on ROH actually feuding with someone and winning some matches and honing his craft outside of just being a decent young prospect in the ring.

Again it highlights the need for a harder split between ROH and AEW. If he never becomes a tv talent worth giving wins on TV, then its time to release him.

Top Flight on the other hand have their place on AEW TV for me. The tag team division has already lost depth and they're in a trios as well. They're not a great promo, but so what? They've got enough going on to justify their spot.

The thing with The Acclaimed is, the gimmick was bound to get a bit stale anyway. They've had no chance though. They didn't have one decent feud as champions before the BCG thing. The trios division just laid dormant.

Why? AEW has so much TV time to fill now. Establish some fun trios teams on Rampage or something and put the winners in a program with The Acclaimed.

Their championship run was a whole lot of nothing.

Back