AEW Fight Forever

I’m really curious to see how this plays out. Would like a good wrestling game. To me the two statements I keep hearing are 1) it’s like no mercy 2) it’s arcade style. To me those two statements completely oppose each other.
The clips so far seem way more like the early Smackdown games than No Mercy in terms of gameplay (which would fit with the arcade style talking point).

Reviews will be out tomorrow. I saw a FAQ and they keep eluding to match types and other various things being added in down the road, sounds like if successful they plan to support for 3 years or so.

The clips so far seem way more like the early Smackdown games than No Mercy in terms of gameplay (which would fit with the arcade style talking point).
I didn’t like the smackdown games. Not saying they were bad, just wasn’t to my liking. I even liked the attitude / war zone games more

From the reviews I've seen it seems like the core gameplay is good but everything else (CAW, story mode) is pretty bare bones.

Might be something worth picking up down the line for most people. If they keep giving it attention and updates though, instead of completely abandoning it then I think they'll have a good thing going. Pretty much everything I see on twitter from people who've played it is that they've nailed the gameplay, it's just not got much content outside of that.

Major reviewers all seem to be in agreement of 6/10. Mid to small reviewers/channels so far have been around 7-8.
it’s not bad. very cartoony. there’s some shitty textures and meshing, and the gameplay is pretty repetitive but it’s a solid wrestling game. wwe 2k23 is vastly superior as a wrestling game but for AEW fans and people who want an alternative, it’s quite good. i absolutely love the entrance customization

it just looks like something i can sit on the couch and bahs some buttons and be stupid with.
heres hoping its fun...

Might be something worth picking up down the line for most people. If they keep giving it attention and updates though, instead of completely abandoning it then I think they'll have a good thing going. Pretty much everything I see on twitter from people who've played it is that they've nailed the gameplay, it's just not got much content outside of that.

I'll wait till it drops to 20 or 30 bucks. Probably won't be long

You guys had to pay the full price of a AAA game for it? A brand new AAA game in the UK costs £69.99 and I only paid £49.99 for mine.
$59.99 in the US. standard price basically. i’ll admit a lot of current gen games go for $69.99 but this one shouldn’t be anything more than $29.99. fun game that does what you’re looking for, for the most part, but there’s not a ton to it.

$59.99 in the US. standard price basically. i’ll admit a lot of current gen games go for $69.99 but this one shouldn’t be anything more than $29.99. fun game that does what you’re looking for, for the most part, but there’s not a ton to it.
The only brand new game going for that price at my nearest shop is Gollum.

Still though, it probably is a better investment to wait and buy it. Maybe when they've added a lot more to the game through updates.

The only brand new game going for that price at my nearest shop is Gollum.

Still though, it probably is a better investment to wait and buy it. Maybe when they've added a lot more to the game through updates.
there are indie/arcade games that go for around that price. this has an arcade game feel. something like wwe battlegrounds, which was $30-$40. regardless, i do recommend picking it up when the price drops. can’t recommend a purchase when it’s $60

General consensus seems to be the game is "okay" and people would feel better about buying it had it been much cheaper as it feels more like an early access game that's still being developed.

They put themselves in a weird spot, they have a game with a potential roadmap of years of support. So roll the dice and buy now and have an outdated game or wait a bit and have a more complete game which if alot of people wait could lower the chance of long term updates due to early low sales.

I've already heard of cage match, more people in ladder matches, updates to the entrance set ups, wrestlers, and additional matches being added eventually. That stuff I doubt is rolled out any time soon though especially with the ps4 version launch being bad.

Just hoping for them early smackdown style controls. The modern ones are god awful

Back