AEW's rights are up at the end of 2024.

80idut.jpg
This is not totally accurate as wwe has rights with different shows which end in 2024 and 2026.

Smackdown is moving to USA in 2024 so WWE's rights being up in 2025 is probably referring to Raw and NXT.

I wonder how streaming will affect all of this. I suspect the only reason cable companies aren't broke are because of the long term deals with the sports/rasslin companies.

And boomers still have cable. But the clock os ticking on them.

Reactions: HHJ
What fully goes out of business first, cable TV or print newspapers?

The way streaming is going wouldn't be surprised if TV makes a comeback

Streamers seem to be failing hard. So many of them are basically begging people to subscribe. Last year I got Peacock for 2 dollars a month for an entire year and when I went to cancel they offered me another 6 months. Last week I got Paramount+ for 4 dollars a month for an entire year. Still in the middle of a Starz promo for 2.50 a month for an entire year. Successful companies wouldn't be making these offers lol.

Then there's the news about Max bleeding subscribers so bad they're licensing Warner Brothers properties to other streamers like Netflix so they can make some money. Disney+ and Hulu both bleeding subscribers so bad they're going to combine. Paramount+ and Showtime just combined after both have been struggling so bad.

The fact most of these streamers are adding commercials now on top of the subscription, Shit is basically morphing in to cable lol

Streamers seem to be failing hard. So many of them are basically begging people to subscribe. Last year I got Peacock for 2 dollars a month for an entire year and when I went to cancel they offered me another 6 months. Last week I got Paramount+ for 4 dollars a month for an entire year. Still in the middle of a Starz promo for 2.50 a month for an entire year. Successful companies wouldn't be making these offers lol.

Then there's the news about Max bleeding subscribers so bad they're licensing Warner Brothers properties to other streamers like Netflix so they can make some money. Disney+ and Hulu both bleeding subscribers so bad they're going to combine. Paramount+ and Showtime just combined after both have been struggling so bad.

The fact most of these streamers are adding commercials now on top of the subscription, Shit is basically morphing in to cable lol
They need to stop trying to stop people from sharing accounts and charging for like 5 shows/movies that people want to watch

Max just added live sports, but you gotta pay an addition $10 a month for the live sports on top of the $17 they already charge for Max.

So if you want to watch NBA on TNT, NHL on TNT, or MLB on TBS through Max you gotta pay $27 a month.

There's streaming cable TV packages that include both TNT and TBS that also include dozens of other channels for cheaper than that lol

Smackdown is moving to USA in 2024 so WWE's rights being up in 2025 is probably referring to Raw and NXT.
~WWE Smackdown (was at Fox, rights move to USA Network (NBCUniversal) to October 2029).
~WWE Raw (on USA Network til Oct 2024)
~WWE NXT (was at USA Network, move to The CW to 2029)

*WWE Network (WWE version of UFC Fight Pass, Shapiro said, "WWE Network, the deal with NBC is up in March 2026. We could take it to market all by itself or we could package it with UFC since it's similar content.")

Looks like it's just Raw that is still waiting to get picked up.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
Max just added live sports, but you gotta pay an addition $10 a month for the live sports on top of the $17 they already charge for Max.
So if you want to watch NBA on TNT, NHL on TNT, or MLB on TBS through Max you gotta pay $27 a month.
There's streaming cable TV packages that include both TNT and TBS that also include dozens of other channels for cheaper than that lol
I looked up Max new plans...
MAX (HBO/Warner Bros/Discovery) basic plan with ads $9.99, basic plan without ads $15.99/mo,"Ultimate” plan is $19.99

Is that ultimate plan they are starting that has no sports? Then how can it be Ultimate?

"AEW is expected to move its pay-per-views to streaming service Max—formerly HBO Max—and host 12 events per year." So does this mean we pay $10 extra for sports and still pay more for Pay-for-views?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeo...-view-schedule-moving-to-max/?sh=554311561d5d

Last edited:

How the hell you getting these good ass deals man. Everything I look at wants to charge up the wazoo for the worst streaming services (Stack TV with its missing episodes or entire seasons I’m looking at you).

Back