After a Year of Insulting Fans and Mishaps, Battlefield V Sales Estimates Look Grim

Is it a shitty sniperfest like the last one because I hated that. I can't stand being killed by enemies I can't see and have no way of countering.
Nah, it's nowhere near as bad as Battlefield 1. Snipers can still be annoying, but DICE did away with the crappy "sweet spot" mechanic (where body shots were lethal at a certain range) so snipers actually have to headshot you in order to score a OHK.

It's EA so I am going to assume it's a light-pay2win grindfest that will probably be buggy AF at launch.

After SimCity and Andromeda I expect them to fuck cosumers over.

Add to the fact that they're lecturing their customers and talking to us like we're assholes, and I am surprised they even sold 1 million.

Add to the fact that they're lecturing their customers and talking to us like we're assholes, and I am surprised they even sold 1 million.

@Madmick
Do bundle deals count towards a games sales? I wonder if BFVs numbered are boosted by all the console bundles this shipped with.

I would never pay for a EA game on it's own but was happy to get that bundle.

Why should they?

Idiots still buy it by the tens of millions of copies.

Same with Madden.

I quit buying Madden when they bought the NFL license. The NFL2K series was better looking, played better, and got better reviews than Madden.

Plus, it was only around half the cost of Madden. They monopolized the NFL and without competition it grew stale quickly.

My main issue is just there is nothing new with the series. It's the same formula. They need to change it up big time.

That's the difference, that one had a contrary frame of reference.

We're talking about a game series that has spanned from World War 1 to fictional mech suits. Battlefield 3(?) was the first title in the franchise to have a single player campaign.

I for one didn't buy it because of their big fuck you to their customers.

@Madmick
Do bundle deals count towards a games sales? I wonder if BFVs numbered are boosted by all the console bundles this shipped with.

That's a good question.. I am thinking yes they do count, but I could be way wrong

I quit buying Madden when they bought the NFL license. The NFL2K series was better looking, played better, and got better reviews than Madden.

Plus, it was only around half the cost of Madden. They monopolized the NFL and without competition it grew stale quickly.

I haven't played a Madden game since 2002.

To be honest, I miss it, but I'm not going to get back into it because of EA and their shitty microtransaction system.

We're talking about a game series that has spanned from World War 1 to fictional mech suits. Battlefield 3(?) was the first title in the franchise to have a single player campaign.
Bad Company 2 had a campaign

This game is not even good at being bad like fallout, its just so bland.

@Madmick

I would always assume that bundled units are counted.

Apparently they haven't learned:
EA Mocks Battlefield V Critics Despite Poor Sales
Battlefield-V-3.png

Battlefield V has been rife with controversy since it’s initial announcement. Announced as an immersive World War II experience, EA Dice revealed that the game would instead focus more on ‘fun’ and ‘diversity’ than historical accuracy, much to the dismay of players. In response to these criticisms and complaints, EA Dice’s then Chief-Design-Officer Patrick Soderlund infamously told players in an interview with Gamasutra that players had the options to “accept it or don’t buy the game”.
Though EA Dice may be confident enough in their product to openly mock detractors, the numbers concerning Battlefield V may prove that this smug confidence is undeserved. At about a month before release the pre-order numbers for Battlefield V were behind a competing game, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, by 85%, leading analysts to warn that the game may be a ‘serious disappointment’ and also ‘put the company’s financial guidance at risk’. Even after EA noted that they would be making changes to the game in order to improve authenticity, these numbers were not seeing significant changes.

The game also saw discounts of up to 50% off during Black Friday and Cyber Monday, less than one week after the game’s release. While discounts on new titles during these shopping events are not uncommon, it is rare to see such a heavy discount for a recently released game (competing games Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption II’’s lowest sale prices were both $40 during the same sales event).

Despite releasing directly prior to Black Friday, Battlefield V sales were down 63% compared to its predecessor, Battlefield 1 (it is important to note that these sales charts only account for physical sales and do not include digital sales). The forecast for future sales does not hold much hope as critics give Battlefield V less than stellar reviews. Variety notes that Battlefield Vis an unfinished game”, Digital Trends noting that the game has “some pretty glaring faults”, and Eurogamer emphatically noting that it’s “the glitchiest, most technically troubled DICE’s sandbox multiplayer has been since the infamous launch of Battlefield 4, and even the launch itself is all over the place.” (The Eurogamer review was so disappointing to EA that an EA employee supposedly attempted to directly leap to Battlefield V’s defense).
8ffd8b1e292d97550b50da36ed9c1068261ac8dcdf3fb7445755f7418401d30f.jpg

The sherdog add scroll at the top of my page is
“Buy Nvidia rtx , get a free battlefield V “

LOL

The real reason it's doing bad is people aren't rich, if we were we wouldn't have a ton of game time. Most people i'm Guessing buy 3 or 4 full price games a year.
Rdr2
Spiderman
Call of duty
Etc etc. They released a demo the same month they gave battlefield 1 for free. Feels the same.

i mean, it's obviously not solely any of the individual reasons and all of the above many (very obvious) reasons.

i mean, they told me not to buy it. so i happily didn't.

Oh, this is rich....

EA turns in bummer fiscal report: “We’re disappointed in our underperformance”

"Jorgensen didn't mince words: he blamed the drop in the series' uptake by the developers' focus on a single-player campaign, as opposed to having a promised battle royale mode ready for fans in time for the game's launch.

Yep, EA Executives can't honestly assess anything. Rather than admitting having the playable character being a disabled woman on the front lines was a mistake, they'd rather roll it into being correct about what they said years ago - "Single-Player Games Are Finished."

2010 article - https://www.wired.com/2010/12/ea-single-player/

Yup, in the year of the top 3 best selling games being Spider-Man 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, and God of War.... EA considers their mistake was allowing Battlefield 5 to have a single-player campaign. Wow.

"The executives repeatedly blamed "intense competition" in that quarter for general underperformance, which Wilson clarified later as "Fortnite, Call of Duty, and Red Dead Redemption 2."

YOU SCHEDULED THE RELEASE DATE, FUCKERS.

'Hey guys, which one of us thought it was a good idea to set the release date for October, and then delayed it for November after most gamers already bought RDR2 and CoD? Was it you, Brad? Nice going cocksucker.'

"In addition to a lack of uptake on new mobile game Command and Conquer Rivals, EA also cited one delayed mobile game and "changes to broaden Madden Mobile's appeal" that "failed" to drive monetization. The company's net bookings for mobile-only products dropped in Q3 2019 to $142 million, compared to $183 million in the same quarter in fiscal year 2018—a drop of over 23 percent.

This is written like we all should be crying for them.

"Executives also praised new game Apex Legends' solid performance after launching 24 hours earlier, though Wilson made clear that its one-day metrics weren't a measure on which to base expectations just yet."

Ya think?

"When pressed about EA's sales expectations for Anthem in the wake of a wonky public demo, Jorgensen said that EA still expects its first-quarter sales to reach roughly 5-6 million units. "We're comfortable with that based on what we're seeing in the outcome of both demos," Jorgensen added. "A lot of excitement, a lot of interest."

Translation : April Headline - "EA Shuts Down Bioware Over Poor Sales Of Anthem."

"An additional Titanfall-related game is also slated to launch by year's end, but Wilson would not offer any further details about what shape that game might take (meaning: a remake of an existing Titanfall game isn't yet out of the question)."

Yes, a remake of a 2014 game is what everyone wants.

And the article closes with this...

"EA is listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange, which means the investor call began as soon as markets closed on Tuesday. After-hours trading suggests a severe drop in stock price from the day's close of $92.52 to somewhere below $76—already lower than the company's previous major low in late 2016."

Prepare your expectations, because they're about to get fucked.

(Yes, I know that doesn't make any sense, but even in my mid-30s, its still fun to be needlessly vulgar about videogames.)

Blake Jorgensen is one of the top 3 paid CFOs in the Bay Area. He pulled down nearly $20 million in compensation last year. Part of his job is spinning earnings calls.

The truth of the matter, IMO, is that BR is the hot thing right now and no one is particularly excited about another re-hash of BF.

Maybe the whole female with a robot arm in the world war theatre somehow turned players off?

hold the phone, people still play the SP campaign in Battlefileld?

Back