After the post fight interviews from Paddy... are you still a hater?

jko1355

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
To be honest, I have never been a fan but after hearing how he thinks during the two post fight interviews, the guy legitimately feels like a good human being.

He had a good performance and I'm not going to start thinking he is a future champion but I became a fan.

Any haters still out there that watched his genuine emotion today?

Wasn't necessarily a fan of the guy, never considered myself a hater though, but Paddy The Saddy was definitely more endearing.
Good on him for an impressive win and really doing some good guy shit in the post fight. It's a message that really does need to get out and he used his platform beautifully (even if it was in a Scouse accent ;))

Nope, he won me over.

Fought through adversity, got a sweet sub, then had a great post-fight interview with an important message.

He's a good lad.
he seemed off in at the desk, but i later found out his buddy killed him self and he found out a few hours before the scales.
i didnt catch the in cage post fight. but him at the desk showed that he had a really heavy heart. would prefer he didnt eat the whole city between fights, but only 1 life. enjoy the food
agreed, good lad indeed

molly lost me tho. drunk or not. at the desk she made a fool of her self and went un noticed.
karen b- sorry for the loss that you guys are dealing with (baby ben)
molly - we didnt lose nuttin
this is where paddy looked most uncomfortable and ready to be with other and get away from the light to mourn etc

Last edited:
I don’t hate him at all. I just don’t think he can win too many more fights. Sooner or later like O’Malley he’s going to get locked in that cage with somebody much better than him, and the fairy tale ends. But, it’s fun to watch it unfold.

Paddy is great at marketing himself and it's admirable that he tries to do good with his platform, but he isn't close to being a UFC-calibre fighter.

The UFC should be about having the 30-40 best fighters in the world in each weight class.

Paddy's opponents haven't been anywhere close to the Top 40. Jordan Leavitt is the 168th ranked lightweight on Fight Matrix. Rodrigo Vargas is #203 and Luigi Vendramini is #340.

The best opponent that Paddy has faced in his career is Soren Bak back in Cage Warriors. Bak is the #74 lightweight in the world and now fights in Bellator. He beat Paddy convincingly.

If the UFC wants to showcase regional level fighters like Paddy and his opponents, they should take a page out of Strikeforce's book and have UFC Challenger events or turn Contender Series into a minor league rather than a tryout.

To be honest, I have never been a fan but after hearing how he thinks during the two post fight interviews, the guy legitimately feels like a good human being.

He had a good performance and I'm not going to start thinking he is a future champion but I became a fan.

He is, yeah, just kind of a wild person to go with it. If he can up his striking, he will be a threat.

He's a pretty good guy it seems. He's just annoying

I see this all the time .It shouldn’t really take a speech to not “hate” a fighter you’ve never met.

It’s so fucking weird and says alot about human nature that the first instinct is dislike,until repeat exposure shows you what you should have seen all along.

What a shitty way to go through life.

The guy was bawling his eyes out on the octagon canvas and leaving the arena. Madness.respect to pad

Haven’t seen his post-fight interview, so yes.

Although hater is a strong word, I just think he’s fucking annoying and has a very punchable face. He reminds me of that kid from school that never showered, ate boogers all day and where you wasn’t sure of his parents not being first cousins.

That + I have a strong dislike for overly goofy people.

No hate from me, I just don’t get it. I must be missing some thing but I don’t see it, not understanding the hype at all, who exactly has this dude beat and what skills does he possess to make one think he’s something special in mixed martial arts?

It sucks that he lost someone to suicide and it’s good that he used that opportunity to push that message, but in a wider sense I still find him annoying af.

Mainly down to the amount of limelight he is receiving for imo fairly cringe shit like saying ‘lad’ all the time or getting really fat between fights, rather than being a serious contender.

As U.K. mma fan I find it a bit depressing that we have to go through this shit with these ‘characters’ like him and Molly, doing stuff like talking about being bigger than Conor or carrying around a toy belt when they are being fed bums basically to make a show for London cards. If either of them actually rise up the rankings then I’ll put respect on them but not just for getting picked by the UFC to help keep the British casual fans invested.

I've gained some respect. I wonder if he's still a xenophobe though, who also thinks you can't represent a country you weren't born in (he gave Mokaev shit for this reason).

Haven’t seen his post-fight interview, so yes.

Although hater is a strong word, I just think he’s fucking annoying and has a very punchable face. He reminds me of that kid from school that never showered, ate boogers all day and where you wasn’t sure of his parents not being first cousins.

That + I have a strong dislike for overly goofy people.

Big loser energy comment

I already liked him. The post fight interview didnt do anything for me but it is what it is.

Never been a hater. I just think he's a mid tier fighter at best. I'm more into the sporting aspect of MMA, so how these guys actually fight is the largest contributing factor to how I form my opinions on them. Their speeches and tweets and interviews don't phase me that much, generally.

Back