After years of searching, I found and attempted to restore Wamrage's legendary MMA Comebacks HL

This is a repost because I am very stupid and used inadvisable video links and a mod was kind enough to let me try again, so long story short: Old heads will remember this as one of the greatest highlight videos of all time (circa 2005). I found it after years of sleuthing and attempted to do some light restoration via AI upscaling. The results aren't the greatest but the video source was terrible. Anybody with actual video editing skills is free to give me some advice as to how to better clean it up. Without further ado:

Original, compressed 240p:

My feeble attempt at a light cleanup:

Gives this old head the feelz man, thanks for that sir.

Another one I'd like to find, surprisingly, is an old pre-TUF Chris Leben montage that had a lot of footage from his gutsy war with Joe Doerkson

Holy shit, Wamrage is a name I have not heard in decades. I fully support any upscaling/restoration of those awesome HLs.

This is a repost because I am very stupid and used inadvisable video links and a mod was kind enough to let me try again, so long story short: Old heads will remember this as one of the greatest highlight videos of all time (circa 2005). I found it after years of sleuthing and attempted to do some light restoration via AI upscaling. The results aren't the greatest but the video source was terrible. Anybody with actual video editing skills is free to give me some advice as to how to better clean it up. Without further ado:

Original, compressed 240p:

My feeble attempt at a light cleanup:

That song reminds of the time i use to play Tony Hawk game back in 2003

Herb Dean would have stopped that Tanner vs Baroni fight about half a dozen times
Larry landless asking baroni
You ok?
You want out?
Yes, no, no, yes, yes, no Larry...Like back to back questions requiring different replies so baroni answered wrong and Larry stopped the fight
Watch baroni throwing shots at landless as soon as he stopped it
If a fighter did that today be lifetime ban. I dont think baroni even got a warning lol
The good ole days

Wow!! Now that’s what true sherdogging is all about. Thank you

I don't know why people stopped making highlights for MMA fights. Maybe not good ones like genghis con

I don't know why people stopped making highlights for MMA fights. Maybe not good ones like genghis con
It's true there aren't as many as there used to be, but there's still lots of good ones being made.

While normally I would hate the Face the Pain song, this recent highlight captures the brutality of the UFC extremely well, and just has fantastic editing

Ian Batista's best of highlights are also fantastic:

i wish someone would re-upload and restore all of Robert Parks highlight videos.

he had my favorite highlights

This is also the dream, haha. He was legit my very first exposure to actual MMA in 2005 (TUF Noob here, sorry guys)

Be honest, are you wamrage TS?

Not likely, I spoke to the guy about 2 years ago asking if I can re-upload our infamous motel wrestling video, he said he wanted to be forgotten by the community as if he disappear into the sunset.

Not likely, I spoke to the guy about 2 years ago asking if I can re-upload our infamous motel wrestling video, he said he wanted to be forgotten by the community as if he disappear into the sunset.
Yeah, I messaged what seems to be his Reddit account and he didn't seem interested. He was curious about the vid though, so I sent it to him.

I was a little suspicious seeing a white belt bringing that name up out of nowhere because he is mostly forgotten these days. I still remember why he got banned though; I was in those OT threads back in 2008. He deserved it for sure lol.

Pretty sure I know what his account was for a while after that. It appears that account was completely erased as well.

I was a little suspicious seeing a white belt bringing that name up out of nowhere because he is mostly forgotten these days. I still remember why he got banned though; I was in those OT threads back in 2008. He deserved it for sure lol.

Pretty sure I know what his account was for a while after that. It appears that account was completely erased as well.
Sorry to report that I am just another random weirdo

I wonder what happened to the old HL makers... Wamrage and MickB were my favorites
I always felt MickB could have gotten into movies with how he edited. I always loved how he incorporated the fights and interviews leading up to the main theme of his video. Plus I remember him using music from the remake Solaris into MMA videos. I wish he had videos still available.

I always felt MickB could have gotten into movies with how he edited. I always loved how he incorporated the fights and interviews leading up to the main theme of his video. Plus I remember him using music from the remake Solaris into MMA videos. I wish he had videos still available.
Yeah, MickB was a talent for sure, good times.

For all the idiots bashing Mark Hunt, dude was a monster.

There were so many good highlights back in the day. Remember the furious angles one, Robby P had a few good ones. Daniel Fodaum was another one. This thread is nostalgic.

Back